Id10T Cyclists

Poenster

Perhaps one can contact the clubs riding the Lido route, point out to them that the incident occurred, hopefully for them to point the concern out to their members.

Chat is for cofeeshops, not the road. It would also be unacceptable for two cars to ride side by side 'having a chat'. Or two busses. Or two taxis.

It doesn't have to happen ever again.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

peloton, the problem with the lido is that it's not a club - it's just a known fact that all cyclists in the area start from the corner and do the loop in a "nice big bunch" irrespective of club/team/etc

Guest Big H

A reason why cyclists are so arrogant is because they are now "incognito" I propose and also will write a letter to CSA proposing that all cyclists must obtain a license that will include a number. This liscense must be displayed in the same size as motorbikes in front and at the back of the bicycle. This way they can be fined (if they do not have it), reported by other cyclists and motorists. We will then see how arrogant these tostesterone ridden maergat dudes will become if they are forced to become accountable!!!!!!

A reason why cyclists are so arrogant is because they are now "incognito" I propose and also will write a letter to CSA proposing that all cyclists must obtain a license that will include a number. This liscense must be displayed in the same size as motorbikes in front and at the back of the bicycle. This way they can be fined (if they do not have it)' date=' reported by other cyclists and motorists. We will then see how arrogant these tostesterone ridden maergat dudes will become if they are forced to become accountable!!!!!![/quote']

I like the idea but is this for ALL cyclists or just cyclists affiliated to CSA ?

How do you enforce that they ride with the number on ?

Guest Big H

No the Municipalities has, if CSA will endorse it. I am sure they will welcome the extra cash to buy new and faster cars for their traffic chiefs.

If he is NOT concerntrating and day-dreaming' date=' he is a candidate for getting knocked over. If you are riding your bike you MUST concerntrate!!!

Honestly, there is no excuse for common courtesy.
[/quote']

I greet other riders 90% of the time (the other 10% I don't see them or we pass each other too quickly).

however what is with this expected greeting ritual.

When you drive a car do you wind down the window and wave at every other motorist ?

Sometimes it's nice to just ride without having to wave or shake your head every 30 seconds. When there are lots of cyclists on the road it can be more tiring to greet people than to do the ride.

Hope the wind stops blowing if we have to fit numberplates the size of motorbike numberplates. It will of course look good on fat thick legged cyclists bikes.( I think?)

A. This liscense must be displayed in the same size as motorbikes in front and at the back of the bicycle. This way they can be fined (if they do not have it)' date=' reported by other cyclists and motorists. We will then see how arrogant these tostesterone ridden maergat dudes will become if they are forced to become accountable!!!!!![/quote']

Sure, and the weight weenies can opt for carbon fibre plates LOL

You should name and shame. Club at least and if they were in unspecified kit then they should be recognisable from their bikes.Ouch

If you want unfriendly cyclists you should try riding in the UK, miserable bunch, but then it must be the weatherLOL

Mozambique has licences for cyclists but for tax rather than identification purposes - I wonder if this is where BigH got his idea?

Identifying cyclists or cycles by a reg. no?  Let me think about that.......

smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif ROFLOLsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

A. This liscense must be displayed in the same size as motorbikes in front and at the back of the bicycle. This way they can be fined (if they do not have it)' date=' reported by other cyclists and motorists. We will then see how arrogant these tostesterone ridden maergat dudes will become if they are forced to become accountable!!!!!![/quote']

Sure, and the weight weenies can opt for carbon fibre plates LOL

your mailbox for full

Guest Big H

It needs to become a law or a by-law. Us law abiding cictizens will then face the concequinces of having UGLY boards on our bicycles but at least the offenders can be apprehended and fined. This will make ALL cyclists accountable. Different classes of licences can be made available like in licences at a cheaper rate for commuters. More expensive for sporting use and expensive for professional use (ie CSA licensed cyclists)

Guest Big H

One Hill Post box emptied.... al hate mail gone!!!!!!