Negativity with classified ads

jaguar

I agree. But I dont agree with being told that the 2009 frame I am selling is actually a 2007. Where it is actually a 2009' date=' that is why im irritated.....Wink [/quote']

Jaguar, if the wo/man is uninformed then you must educate them. Take it as a freebie "bump" that saves you trouble.

Teaching people is such a rewarding experience ...... just ask my wife.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

having looked at the add, you must be having a bad day.

nothing wrong with the guys asking those questions.

At least you could answer. If anything those guys did you a favour.

Public forum, free service, gotta take what comes.

Debate keeps it live - & if you stick to the facts the naysayers will look silly.

As it's only a mtb frame I've got no idea who's right or wrong from what's written.

Jaguar, just tell the guy spoiling your sale to buzz off and go and check his facts. I think you did well in your post. Give it time, a buyer will arrive, sometimes it takes a bit of time. A bit of niggling sometimes draws the attention which is good. smiley2.gif smiley1.gif

Jaguar - I agree 100%. There are plenty of flamers, knobs and lurkers with nothing better to do than cause ***. I have no intention of buying anything but I love looking at bikes, so I browse and keep my mouth shut even when the price is way high or the bike total rubbish.

I dont 100% agree about negativity. Sure if its meant to just be a wiseass then its stupid. But I learnt alot about what certain components should sell at and whether certain deals were good or not by seeing what the old hands on here said.

Often someone would say that a price was too much but the item pretty much sold anyway. So I dont think they negatively affect the sale chances all that much.

Yeah some of those comments were just retarded.

I still recon some comments are good and some bad, wild opinions should be kept to ones self.

Jag - agreed - it can be a pain in the ass.

TNT1 is on the nail. It's a game - dont take it too seriously. As you generate interest and comment - so your ad rises to the top. We are not all asses - if I see something I want I pi$$ with the seller a bit first then I buy it. If I really want it then I PM a firm offer.

I actually enjoy the smoke - it gives me a gap to secure the buy LOL

Look' date=' sometimes the comments are a bit off, but then again, if they bother you and your sale so much, then sell your stuff on some other forum or site that doesn't allow comments to be added. Simple. The interwebs is not a preschool with ever vigilant babysitters. 

[/quote']

Clap

I cannot stand internet cry babies. The sooner people HTFU the better.

If I try to sell something, and my prices are inflated, I am trying to screw someone.   This is an open forum and all of us have a right to air our views.  If you do not like it, sell on gumtree.

Funny how the noobs are trying to regulate the hub,  I can understand why some of the old hands have left. 

Amazing to see what attitude some of these hubbers actually have on the forum.

Probably the people that would like to say the most, and perhaps think they known the most, do it because they can't perhaps get laid that often, therefore trying to show how macho they might be on thehub, or,

as they might say have some other problem?

I think if you have something to sell on the hub, give the person at least an opportunity to sell what they have, then trying to make a statement what you think.

If you have a problem about what the person is selling or at what price they are selling it for, don't make it your problem.

I think the hub should perhaps have more strict rules pertaining to the type of attitude and comments can be made on this "open" forum. I also would suggest that if a person would like to sell something on the hub, it should only allow you to advertise it, and not give any idiot the opportunity to make idiotic comments.

As per the comment of "if you don't like it, sell it on gumtree" - wouldn't you think the reason why individuals are trying to sell it on the hub, is due to a bigger cycling market they can perhaps target? 

So in essence, as per the statement, it actually concludes to why should you then use thehub to advertise things, were you will obtain snide or invalid comments, if you can use other sites that might be more beneficial to sell your things without getting snide or invalid comments?

Again, before I might get a snide, idiotic or invalid comment, I know it's an "open" forum