More bad luck for slowpoke

MichH

MichaelH, that was a huge fear i had, but they took xrays and all is fine.

cat-i, i have really really genuinely wonderful neighbours.... they'd bought my old (1989) citi from me and at the moment J's older daughter is on holiday, so she's using B's Tazz and the golfie is sitting around so they've lent it to me until Monday. after that i'm in trouble....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose Thursday's ride is out of the question? Ouch

I'm still riding!!!!!I have some serious training to start doing!!!Confused

amateur has decided that this is her opportunity - by the time i'm back on the bike she want's to kick my butt... thing is i'm pretty sure my wrist should be ok within a week cos it's just muscle damage and the swelling is already going down! Wink

Slowpoke, Get someone to ride tandem with you then you can keep on training Wink

ianC, at this stage my whole body is stiff and sore - the hand/wrist/arm is just the worst (on the bike i remember to "tuck and roll", in the car i put my arms out... go figure!) so i think the bumping around could also be an issue in general. anyway, i'm sure i'll be back on the bike next week. tomorrow is just a bit soon. like the loan of hte car - i appreciate my neighbors lending it to me, but i dunno if i feel up to driving with all the idiots on the road.slowpoke2007-04-04 04:06:55

well, i just made my first BIG step... i drove to olivedale clinic to go pay the casualties account... straight past the accident scene...

flip, the skid marks are even shorter than i thought... the $%^$%^$%^ swung out about 10 (not 15) meters in front of me.... shyte, even if i'd had ABS i wouldn't have been able to stop in time. now i trust other road users around me even less.

sp howitz gal ??? hope all is well . hey I can see you tyipn with the left hand "$%^$%^$%^ " should have been die fo%%*&% blik$em .Wink

hell no man good to hear you got in the car and went out on the road again Thumbs%20Up

hey man was just thinking can you still make that stunning chocolate cake with the left hand ?? would not mind a slice or two or three now with my afternoon tea . I bet Minty would like some too !!

hagar, if you guys are paying for the plane ticket, i'll make the cake... i know i can do that with only one hand and i can kinda use the right hand - it's just moerse sore if i do too much and if i move the pinkie, ring or middle finger.

the one good thing about the borrowed car that made getting in and driving easier is that it was my car until i sold it to the neighbours about 4-5 years ago, so at least it wasn't driving a strange car on top of driving for the first time since being "taken out"

think I must do a collection for a mago plane ticket LOLLOL ag no SP you just take it easy and get that hand fixed.

just spoke to the tow truck driver (he went to the car to look for ewep's gloves - got them!) turns out that i'm an even better driver than i thought!.... I would have made it past the #$%^&* if he'd just stopped pulling out in front of me when he'd "realised" that i was coming - he claimed the first he realised i was there was hearing me skidding...

HE F#$%^& HIT ME ON THE WHEEL!!!!!!! it's not like i couldn't stop in time and hit him... he hit me... my poor car's passenger side front wheel took the full brunt of the $%&* hitting me so hard that all the structural wishbone etc joints SNAPPED. not bent - snapped!!!!!!! FROM THE SIDE. if only i'd been going faster i'd have made it. that'll teach me to get fed up with heavy traffic and just slowly instead of pushing through gaps and speeding! a bit more speed would've saved my car... all i needed was an extra 2 meters in .5 seconds and i'd have been home clear.

this also explains why my car rolled - he shunted me so hard into the curb.

ok, so the truth remains that he didn't look and smacked into me and my car is totalled. but if i'd just been speeding..... i know "if"s don't count... but i miss my car.

another truth is that i am soooooooo lucky to be ok. the dude says that if the car had landed any harder my head would've been toast - the curb was right across the car in line with the front seats, just forward of the headrests!

i'm going to try to arrange to go take photos this weekend.

Hey Epoh,

What is she doing in the Avatar.

It looks like a Hoola Hoop. Pretty interesting! Can't keep my mind on the bike.

Did he indicate at all?

Hope you've organised got a witness or two or three.

Anyway, I think you will have to rethink your Avatar. Go for the roll and not the head over heels stuff. Just joking.

Good thing your OK

Die Oom, i have the witness who was in hte car directly behind him - she also definately did not see any indicator whatsoever. he'd cut in front of her 2 lights earlier - she'd been going straight on pres fouche and he swung in front of her off of cr swart so clearly he just drives like a $%^&*.

there was another car involved as well and that lady's insurance, outsurance, has already called me (late yesterday evening) to confirm her account - that the navara swung right into me then swung left into her.

i hadn't been aware at the accident scene that there'd been another car as well. but she already told her insurance that the navara was to blame... so yeah, f-wit is in ***.

also turns out the one business card that was with all the papers wasn't a witness - it was f-wits so i will be letting my insurers know first thing on tuesday that he's not a witness but the guilty party. (i'm beginning to think that i must've taken a knock to the head Wacko - i'm finding out lots of things post-event here)