More bad luck for slowpoke

MichH

A big prang like the one you describe, is a bit (*90&6%$#@) traumatic to say the least.

Go get yourself checked out by a reliable man/woman mechanic ie Doctor, just for safety sake.

Anyway two reliable witnessess telling roughly the same storey should do the trick for your insurance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Die Oom, i got taken to olivedale by ambo so i got pretty thoroughly checked out and xrayed (luckily not x-rated) and nothing is broken. I'll see how i feel during the week (my hand is mo3rse sore still and my back a bit eina) and i might go to the physio at work if need be. my biggest fear at this stage is how i'll react if anyone drops a glass near me cos i keep getting flash-backs of the sound of the windows all shattering at once - it is the worst sound i've ever heard in my life Cry it makes the sound of a dentists drill seem minor.

I don't know what happened to the last message I was typing, it just disappeared....

As long as you were not x-rated you will probably be OK.

As soon as you get out of the kitchen with that Chocolate cake.... You should try getting back on the bike for a nice slow long ride with some good company, that ought to be seriously therapeutic.

I don't know what happened to the last message I was typing, it just disappeared....

As soon as you get out of the kitchen with that Chocolate cake.... You should try getting back on the bike for a nice slow long ride with some good company, that ought to be seriously therapeutic.

Seems I've been hitting the 'Post Reply' button too often.

What are all you hubbers doing in Ggg..Oww... teng. You should be down South!

Civilization, murder rate less than CT, more cycling events, better calibre of pro cyclist, more money etc etc

.....murder rate less than CT.....

S'tru....but you don't have the cape flats! The REAL Gangster's Paradise! Ouch

Die Oom' date=' i got taken to olivedale by ambo so i got pretty thoroughly checked out and xrayed (luckily not x-rated) and nothing is broken. I'll see how i feel during the week (my hand is mo3rse sore still and my back a bit eina) and i might go to the physio at work if need be. my biggest fear at this stage is how i'll react if anyone drops a glass near me cos i keep getting flash-backs of the sound of the windows all shattering at once - it is the worst sound i've ever heard in my life Cry it makes the sound of a dentists drill seem minor.[/quote']

Slowpoke

Make sure you keep record of all the medical expenses and lodge a third party claim. Your medical aid might not pay for the expenses.

Also in bad cases like this, as in any trauma it might be worthwhile to visit a phsycologist(hope spelling is right). That will help with the flash backs and stress about the accident.

IanC, my med aid has a TP claim division - they will send me the forms and then they will recover from the guilty person. i'm also seeing a lawyer for doing the MVA claim - the only damage to me is my right hand... i'm right handed and i'm in the IT industry... i'm trying to learn to type with one hand but it ain't easy :-(