My broken collar bone

mdk555

20090715_013502_Before.jpg

20090715_013559_After.jpg

Had a little tumble on the MTB and guess I wont be doing the TransBavianns any moreCry

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is mine. bet there are more than a couple of hubbers who can post these.

P S: Look how thin I am in this pic!

20090715_015759_collar_bone_com.JPGHarryn2009-07-15 02:01:50

damn, they don't do a very nice job screwing it back together do they. They could at least contour the plate and have even spacing between the screws.

damn' date=' they don't do a very nice job screwing it back together do they. They could at least contour the plate and have even spacing between the screws.[/quote']

Thise plates are titanium. Its hard bending them in the theatre ro suit every person specific break. The screws also need to go in at specific places where the bone is stronger, and so they don't impede recovery and growth of the bone. That's why orthopedic surgeons are sloppy at woodwork.

Well, look what Lance did.....from know on you'll be known as "Lance de Kock"....speedy recovery!!! smiley4.gif

Mike,  thats hectic.

I was with Peter when you phoned him.  very sorry to hear.

Hope you get back together again quickly.  Sent an SMS.

when do they remove the plates and screws?

and speedy recovery dude. that looks like you attempted a hectic shoulder charge on mother earth..

when do they remove the plates and screws
It all depends if the plate bothers me or not so will see how it goes or if i need some time off work Smile

Guest colonel

Well' date=' look what Lance did.....from know on you'll be known as "Lance de Kock"....speedy recovery!!! smiley4.gif [/quote']

You right Lance is a kock

Hey MDK - looks like mine as well, although I do not have the screw (well I have not checked - still to have X-Rays after the surgery).

I started today on the IDT, will hopefully get a new helmet and fix up the bike this weekend, then will start slowly.

Have you discussed whether you pull the plate or not?

Two trains of thought on pulling the plate:

1. If you leave it in and fall again, (hard enough to cause a break), the bone will break right up close to the plate - not so cool

2. If you remove the plate, you leave a line of holes like the perforations on Toilet paper for a new break to form on  - not so cool!

Ahhhh descisions descisions. Mine is staying put!

Mine are staying in for now. I don't want to go through another procedure.

A slight hijack

I'm flying next month and have to go through airport security. Do these plates set off metal detectors. I have a letter from my doctor, but the silly bugger wrote it in Afrikaans which will help in a foreign country.

willy2009-07-15 05:59:41