Pedal install - Dumb Hubber Award

So firstly thanks DownhillKing for my new pedals. Awesome !!!

But I would like to skip nominations and go straight to the awarding of the "Dumber Hubber Award" to myself.

I attempted to install these pedals on my bike and could not understand why they where so stubborn Confused. I made sure I was installing the left on the left side and the right on the right side.

30 minutes later and lots of force on my shifting spanner - all done except that they where not flush with the crank arm - and seemed skew. Thinking I bought a dud, I went to sleep as I was tired and Censored off

Wake up and test my new shoes with cleats. Do not insert. New to cleats and google it. Look at pedal marking and see I swopped them

NOTE TO SELF: When installing pedals on a flipped bike everything is in reverse: Left becomes my other left; and right becomes my other right !!!!

Took off pedals and feered I had now re-threaded my crankarms. Swopped and with much effort brut forced the re-threading of my crankarams. Now pedals work except left is slightly at an angle. LOL LOL LOL LOL

(TODO: phone LBS for price on new crank arms and "dumbass" replacement labour costs)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

before mandibles posts here, i want to put on record that she is a liar. what she says i did with pedals never happened.

Eish!  You are not the first.  Also that damn reverse thread catches a few!  I always say if it takes more than a little effort to screw something in, then you are doing it wrong.  And yes this applies to all walks of life! Big%20smile

Do you have stripped knuckles to show for it?

The grease from your chainring teeth is a b!tch to get out from under your skin...

Ouch, that's a costly one, at least it seems you're taking it in good spirits. When stuff breaks, I see it as a great excuse to upgrade, so check out CWC, they have good prices on XT at the moment.

before mandibles posts here' date=' i want to put on record that she is a liar. what she says i did with pedals never happened.[/quote']

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked 

Holy is obviously still battling to come to terms with his own stupidity.

Unfortunately I think he wins the award hands down. I had to stop him from attaching a pedal to the inside of the crank! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL I've got witnesses too Evil%20Smile

before mandibles posts here' date=' i want to put on record that she is a liar. what she says i did with pedals never happened.[/quote']

?

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked?

?

?

Unfortunately I think he wins the award hands down. I had to stop him from attaching a pedal to the inside of the crank! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL?I've got witnesses too Evil%20Smile

?

noooooooo you don't...dirty twin has taken my side on this one.

Ouch' date=' that's a costly one, at least it seems you're taking it in good spirits. When stuff breaks, I see it as a great excuse to upgrade, so check out CWC, they have good prices on XT at the moment.

[/quote']

That new Deore set is also worth looking at, seems like brilliant value.

Unfortunately I think he wins the award hands down. I had to stop him from attaching a pedal to the inside of the crank! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL I've got witnesses too Evil%20Smile

I Bet HR just did that to make everyone laugh. .  in the same way he crashed to amuse his fellow riders

Ouch' date=' that's a costly one, at least it seems you're taking it in good spirits. When stuff breaks, I see it as a great excuse to upgrade, so check out CWC, they have good prices on XT at the moment.

[/quote']

That new Deore set is also worth looking at, seems like brilliant value.

Lets just that I would not mind an upgrade LOL

One advantage of cheaper components like crank arms is the metal is softer than the pedals. So the double re-threading went rather well. Also it looks like they use tool steel on the pedals - no damage to the threads at all.

I Bet HR just did that to make everyone laugh. .  in the same way he crashed to amuse his fellow riders

He says he didn't crash. He just had a lie-down in the parking lot as he was tired (10 to 20 seconds into the ride) Wink

I Bet HR just did that to make everyone laugh. .? in the same way he crashed to amuse his fellow riders

?

He says he didn't crash. He just had a lie-down in the parking lot as he was tired (10 to 20 seconds into the ride) Wink

?

?

didn't get a good night's rest...

I coudl very well imagine myself doing the same thing if it was the first time around. Nevermind though dude, I view all of those things as learning experiences.

noooooooo you don't...dirty twin has taken my side on this one.

OOOOOOOOO what to do now? Either way someone is not going to buy me a beer at Willowmore.Evil%20Smile