Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

I have my zeus prepped, and ready for a ride in the cradle tomorrow.

I have taken the toe clips off, and fitted some modern brakepads. The Zeus still had some Weimann pads that appears to be made of hard plastic, with no stopping power.

Will take some pics and report back if i survive this road bike thing.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small writeup and two pictures in the where has your bike taken you thread.

I had quite a lot of fun, the 2 x 5 however will mean problems when the hills get steeper...

Anyone got a couple of spare 26.2mm seat posts by any chance?

I need 2 that are 300mm or so long. Not fussy about brand etc, as long as they keep my saddle attached to my frame at the correct height :)

Please PM me if you can help...

• 2 weeks later...

My 1982 “Eddy Merckx Professional” Molteni tribute frame is currently in for rebuild. Here are some

pictures of the refurbishing process (the forks form part of the chroming batch). In the one “Pre Clear Coat” pic the refurbishing master has the very EM poster in his workshop!) depicting the meticulous refurbishment job. The Zini on the photo is a Zini Record similar to the one that Alan van Heerden.post-51655-0-97814400-1468436022_thumb.jpg rode.post-51655-0-12713200-1468434004_thumb.jpgpost-51655-0-12074200-1468434023_thumb.jpgpost-51655-0-30057900-1468434035_thumb.jpgpost-51655-0-36412100-1468434822_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eppie

My 1982 “Eddy Merckx Professional” Molteni tribute frame is currently in for rebuild. Here are some

pictures of the refurbishing process (the forks form part of the chroming batch). In the one “Pre Clear Coat” pic the refurbishing master has the very EM poster in his workshop!) depicting the meticulous refurbishment job. The Zini on the photo is a Zini Record similar to the one that Alan van Heerden.attachicon.gif20160511_210125_resized_1.jpg rode.attachicon.gifPre Clear Coat 1.JPGattachicon.gifIMG-20150925-WA0010.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20150925-WA0011.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_4153.jpgattachicon.gifVintage Bikes Chromework.JPGattachicon.gif20160511_205839_resized_1.jpg

Man! That looks very good.  I am green with envy. 

+1 on who did the chrome work? 

Damn, looks very nice. Well done.

May I ask who did the chrome work for you, looks like they did a good job?

Hi Quinton the work was done by Johnny Koen's guy in Port Elizabeth. Let me see if I can get details and get back.

• 2 weeks later...

pictures of the refurbishing process attachicon.gif

Nice, very nice.

Here is my MX Leader that Bogus did, usually with more appropriate wheels.

post-50-0-09239800-1469553562_thumb.jpeg

Edited by eddy

Nice, very nice.

Here is my MX Leader that Bogus did, usually with more appropriate wheels.

That looks very nice "Ëddy".. must go for a ride soon.... :)

That looks very nice "Ëddy".. must go for a ride soon.... :)

If only my parents knew that the young Belgian was going to be the greatest, they would have named me eddy from the start.......

As for a ride, if you go slowly, Friday 5:15 ?

Does any Hubber own one of these 100 year old anniversary Bianchi

I suspect many Hubbers wish they owned one of those.