Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

del-boy' date=' remember that box of tricks i told you about...it gets better. some of that stuff is really old! there's a rare set of track hubs, a british brand called airsomething (damn, name left me as i was typing), pelissier hubs, campy road hubs...all circa 1960s...oooooooh, and he's got a 60s cinelli track bike too.[/quote']

Share my good man...

del-boy' date=' remember that box of tricks i told you about...it gets better. some of that stuff is really old! there's a rare set of track hubs' date=' a british brand called airsomething (damn, name left me as i was typing), pelissier hubs, campy road hubs...all circa 1960s...oooooooh, and he's got a 60s cinelli track bike too.[/quote'']

Share my good man...

wish i could. i made the mistake of getting all excited about the stuff...now ian wants to keep it for himself smiley19.gif will be fun helping tidy the stuff up. needs a buff or two.

Awesome thread. I just hold of a set of Zeus 165mm track cranks. Will be used for my fixie project (that's gonna take ages)...

I found this DHC in a second hand furniture shop.

It had a complete Zeus 2000 groupset on,  (Almost Identical to Campag of mid 70's)

, with large flange hubs.  The groupset is now on my youngest daughters bike.

20090804_091026_Front.jpg

The bike is now used oin the wind trainer

Well' date=' this is the right thread. I need to complete my project a 110mm Quill Stem. It needs to fit a 26mm bars. If it has a Tommasini panto, that would be fantastic. The Cinelli that I have at the moment is too big. Here is my project :

Absolutely stunning steed bud!! Do you use this bike regulary?PM me I may be able to assist on a quill stem although if memory serves me right it may be a 120mm??

Well' date=' this is the right thread. I need to complete my project a 110mm Quill Stem. It needs to fit a 26mm bars. If it has a Tommasini panto, that would be fantastic. The Cinelli that I have at the moment is too big. Here is my project :

Nice bike too...

I have the quil you want with a set of cenelli bars thats to narrow for me.

Thanks.

How much for the set??

Absolutely stunning steed bud!! Do you use this bike regulary?PM me I may be able to assist on a quill stem although if memory serves me right it may be a 120mm??

Thanks, bud. At the moment, I am not using it. Just purchased the period correct record ergo levers. Need the stem to complete. This stem comes off my other project, an 1985 CBT Italia with a mixture of Campag/Mavic/Modolo.. 120mm will be too long for me, thanks though.. Would love to get this one back on the road soon.

i have a box of old quill stems an old rx100 grouppo and a few other things if any of you are interested give me a pm and we can see what we can do

i also have an old pinarello track frame it is huge so perfect for all those giants out there

Thanks, bud. At the moment, I am not using it. Just purchased the period correct record ergo levers. Need the stem to complete. This stem comes off my other project, an 1985 CBT Italia with a mixture of Campag/Mavic/Modolo.. 120mm will be too long for me, thanks though.. Would love to get this one back on the road soon.

I've just bought some stuff from overseas, including a new cinelli 1R stem. If you interested i'll point you in the right direction.

Awesome thread. I just hold of a set of Zeus 165mm track cranks. Will be used for my fixie project (that's gonna take ages)...

Zeus have a very odd BCD of 119mm, so getting chainrings for these cranks is next to impossible.

Zeus have a very odd BCD of 119mm' date=' so getting chainrings for these cranks is next to impossible.

[/quote']

I have a 51t and a 42t to go with it. I might have to mission for the "right" rear cog, but I'm sure I'll find something. Worse comes to worse, I'll have something made up. The wonderful world of the 'net makes anything possible.