Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

I have a Claud Butler and a Geoffrey Butler track bike. All Campag throughout. Been lying around for ages. Gonna start fixing up. From early 80's

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Claud Butler and a Geoffrey Butler track bike. All Campag throughout. Been lying around for ages. Gonna start fixing up. From early 80's

Do you want to part with some of your wealth?

I used to have an Alan. I bought in '82. Had Campy Super Record all cut out etc. Sat in my garage for years after byuing a new Bianchi. Eventually donated it to cycling development 2 years ago. Sometimes wish I hadn't. Also wonder what happened to it.

I know of a shop that has a store room full of 80's and 70's bikes,frames wheels,gruppo's and such. Will have to visit them soon.

onetime if you find any fixie hubs send them my way i want to build up a few sets of wheels for these fixie enthusiasts here in JHB and i have some awesome rims that i can use!!!!!

onetime if you find any fixie hubs send them my way i want to build up a few sets of wheels for these fixie enthusiasts here in JHB and i have some awesome rims that i can use!!!!!

Will do bud.

I know of a shop that has a store room full of 80's and 70's bikes' date='frames wheels,gruppo's and such. Will have to visit them soon. [/quote']

Come now OT, sharing is caring...

I know of a shop that has a store room full of 80's and 70's bikes' date='frames wheels' date='gruppo's and such. Will have to visit them soon. [/quote'']

Come now OT, sharing is caring...

Will make a plan to go round the shop and take pictures of the stock. Will get prices and then post them with contact details for you guys.

GT you are going to be seriously broke after visiting me hahahaha now onetime is also giving you things to spend money on hahaha i am so glad that i am not going to have to answer to your minister of finance smiley1.gif

Do you want to part with some of your wealth?

Busy sortng through all the parts. Once done if I want to get rid of any of it I'll give you a shout.

I found a pawnshop in kempton with a few of these old bikes' date='I went into and found a few good bargans. across the road from the arwyp hospital.[/quote'] Can you get a list of what they have next time you go by that way? A Hanson would be good so keep your eyes open please.

There's a nice steel frame at cajee's in 4way's secondhand section' date=' it does come with old sti's and a cool frame. [/quote'] What size frame are you after mate?
I think a medium would be perfect...54cm.