Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Ok' date=' so I am a Phillistine and a Visigoth. Forgive me. But I tell you if Contador had ridden one of these old pieces of sh*te in the tour, [s']there is no way he would be in yellow. He would be in brown.[/s] he would still have won.

You can stop now mate, this is a thread that is specifically for us old guys who want to waste our time on old stuff. The new stuff thread is somewhere else. smiley7.gif

okok. I will run off and pretend to do a bit of work for a change. But before I do, Spud, consider this: I take note that you crossed out my yellow/ brown ref to Conti in the tour, and changed it by saying he still would have one. All very nice. BUT, let the record reflect that you did not cross out my rather crude reference to "old pieces of sh*te". What this tells me is that subliminally, you really agree that these old bikes are just old pieces of sh*te even though you don't know that you agree. Now don't try and deny it cos I really understand psychology. You see, once I registered at Unisa for Psyche 101, and I read a few pages of the study guide (before dropping out of varsity), so as you can appreciate, I know my stuff.
PFFFT I understand you better than you know........you see I just happen to be a gynae........smiley4.gif

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok' date=' so I am a Phillistine and a Visigoth. Forgive me. But I tell you if Contador had ridden one of these old pieces of sh*te in the tour, [s']there is no way he would be in yellow. He would be in brown.[/s] he would still have won.

You can stop now mate, this is a thread that is specifically for us old guys who want to waste our time on old stuff. The new stuff thread is somewhere else. smiley7.gif

okok. I will run off and pretend to do a bit of work for a change. But before I do, Spud, consider this: I take note that you crossed out my yellow/ brown ref to Conti in the tour, and changed it by saying he still would have one. All very nice. BUT, let the record reflect that you did not cross out my rather crude reference to "old pieces of sh*te". What this tells me is that subliminally, you really agree that these old bikes are just old pieces of sh*te even though you don't know that you agree. Now don't try and deny it cos I really understand psychology. You see, once I registered at Unisa for Psyche 101, and I read a few pages of the study guide (before dropping out of varsity), so as you can appreciate, I know my stuff.
PFFFT I understand you better than you know........you see I just happen to be a gynae........smiley4.gif

good one  smiley32.gifsmiley36.gif

Conti would have won, but LA "its not about the bike", now that is another story. 

We must organize a ride sometime with the old fogies .......!

Who are you calling "OLD"
Only the steeds bro.....we on the other hand are ageless!!smiley17.gif

I hate all this old retro sh*t. There is a reason no-one rides this retro stuff. Its ***. Times and technology have changed. You don't use a typewriter anymore. So' date=' why ride or collect this old junk? I don't get it.[/quote'] And nobody certainly asked you to bud. Ignore the thread and find something more appealing. Problem solved................!

Spud my friend please check you e mails asap i have a good good present for you that will make you smile more than you can imagine!!! (well let me know if you can read mails on your work mail now)

You can stop now mate' date=' this is a thread that is specifically for us old guys who want to waste our time on old stuff. The new stuff thread is somewhere else. [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley7.gif[/img]
I'm not old... 26... and I appreciate the older stuff.? I'm sure Harryn is just revving you guys up smiley2.gif

i'm young too...quiet, dirt*girl...hehehehe! yup, harry's just having a little fun. he's a good chap...

You can stop now mate' date=' this is a thread that is specifically for us old guys who want to waste our time on old stuff. The new stuff thread is somewhere else. [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley7.gif[/img]
I'm not old... 26... and I appreciate the older stuff.  I'm sure Harryn is just revving you guys up smiley2.gif

i'm young too...quiet' date=' dirt*girl...hehehehe! yup, harry's just having a little fun. he's a good chap...[/quote'] I agree! he had a good chuckle at my post a couple of pages ago, and I was also just teasing with my cross face as I have seen his posts before and he isnt a nasty guy at all and I did hear that he drives a 1957 De Soto. smiley31.gif

I'm not old... 26... and I appreciate the older stuff.  I'm sure Harryn is just revving you guys up smiley2.gif

i'm young too...quiet' date=' dirt*girl...hehehehe! yup, harry's just having a little fun. he's a good chap...[/quote'] smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

i'm young too...quiet' date=' dirt*girl...hehehehe! yup, harry's just having a little fun. he's a good chap...[/quote'] smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

smiley7.gifwhat you laughing at, ballie? 

(and i mean that angry face?smiley2.gifsmiley36.gif)

now now ladies play nice (not your dirt*girl) age is just a number and i prefer to say that experience is a much better way of being able to judge character smiley2.gif

Ooops. I seem to have ruffled a few feathers. I apologise for my behaviour yesterday...erm, retrospectively.

Anyway, the problem yesterday is that I had lots of work to do, but I was feeling rebellious and hateful about it, so i bravely decided not to do any of it.Then i got bored. But I was still rebellious and hateful, so I got on the hub, and saw this thread. And it reminded me of my Dad's valiant when I was five, and of his Ford Fairmont when I was in standard 7, and i thought about about the suspension on those cars, and they way they used to weave and fishtail all over the road on the way to Cape Town (cos, boy, the handling was pathetic). And then i got even more hateful and rebellious, and I thought about my brother's 3 speed Raleigh, and the Telefunken TV with Biltong and Potroast on the screen, and then of the P W Botha finger, and then all the bile of the old world and apartheid south africa came out in my posts.

I know it would be prudent to discuss all this with my doctor, but i fear that if I did, I would be gazing out on the carefully manicured lawns of Tara in a Thorazine and Cymbalta induced haze. And, no, before your mind starts working overtime, you can't get those from Chunky, and they will not help you at all in this year's Bakwena.

Ooops. I seem to have ruffled a few feathers. I apologise for my behaviour yesterday...erm' date=' retrospectively.

Anyway, the problem yesterday is that I had lots of work to do, but I was feeling rebellious and hateful about it, so i bravely decided not to do any of it.Then i got bored. But I was still rebellious and hateful, so I got on the hub, and saw this thread. And it reminded me of my Dad's valiant when I was five, and of his Ford Fairmont when I was in standard 7, and i thought about about the suspension on those cars, and they way they used to weave and fishtail all over the road on the way to Cape Town (cos, boy, the handling was pathetic). And then i got even more hateful and rebellious, and I thought about my brother's 3 speed Raleigh, and the Telefunken TV with Biltong and Potroast on the screen, and then of the P W Botha finger, and then all the bile of the old world and apartheid south africa came out in my posts.

I know it would be prudent to discuss all this with my doctor, but i fear that if I did, I would be gazing out on the carefully manicured lawns of Tara in a Thorazine and Cymbalta induced haze. And, no, before your mind starts working overtime, you can't get those from Chunky, and they will not help you at all in this year's Bakwena.
[/quote']

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/458449/80523153.png

Well, at 34 I am old enough to appreciate the older bikes...and having said that I went for a ride yesterday on my old Eddy Merckx steel frame! I tell you, down tube shifters take some getting used to! Its amazing at how basic the old stuff is...but just how good it was at its job at the same time!

I for one think the world of cutting edge Pinarello Dogma's and Trek 6.9.5.9.5.2.9.0.4.6.3's are amazing...but they came from somewhere! Hence the thread!

Thanks Delgado...let us know when the first get together is!

Guys i must apologise to everyone that has asked me for pictures of the pinarello and the other track frame But before i could take pictures they had been sold

i had been hectic busy trying to clean them so i could put pictures up and no sooner had i cleaned, buffed and put them on the stand to take photos they had been taken off the stand and literally ran out the door by the guys who put the money on the table

however thanks to hyltonb who bought the carlton track frame from me i now know that i would be able to source some frames through him

Sorry about that guys it happened too fast for me to do anything about it