Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20090804_075911_P1016791.jpg

WELL, Look at this. Velo, isn't this exactly what I paid for last year? Rare, you say??

I hate all this old retro sh*t. There is a reason no-one rides this retro stuff. Its ***. Times and technology have changed. You don't use a typewriter anymore. So, why ride or collect this old junk? I don't get it.

I hate all this old retro sh*t. There is a reason no-one rides this retro stuff. Its ***. Times and technology have changed. You don't use a typewriter anymore. So' date=' why ride or collect this old junk? I don't get it.[/quote']

Hey, whatever gets you through the night.

Nor will you. Have my eye on a Fausto Coppi and 2 other frames besides. How available are quill stems?

Ok, so I am a Phillistine and a Visigoth. Forgive me. But I tell you if Contador had ridden one of these old pieces of sh*te in the tour, there is no way he would be in yellow. He would be in brown.

Ok' date=' so I am a Phillistine and a Visigoth. Forgive me. But I tell you if Contador had ridden one of these old pieces of sh*te in the tour, there is no way he would be in yellow. He would be in brown.

[/quote']

Is there a point to your story? You either get it or you don't. I'm mean seriously, we're talking about pedal bikes here, not saving the f'ing world, why get so uptight.

Ok' date=' so I am a Phillistine and a Visigoth. Forgive me. But I tell you if Contador had ridden one of these old pieces of sh*te in the tour' date=' there is no way he would be in yellow. He would be in brown.

[/quote'']

Is there a point to your story? You either get it or you don't. I'm mean seriously, we're talking about pedal bikes here, not saving the f'ing world, why get so uptight.

And I suppose that is why the thread's name is Retro bicycle thread, not cutting edge technology bicycle thread... Even I get it.

Ok' date=' so I am a Phillistine and a Visigoth. Forgive me. But I tell you if Contador had ridden one of these old pieces of sh*te in the tour, there is no way he would be in yellow. He would be in brown.

[/quote']

erm, I'm not uptight. I was just trying to liven up the thread is all.

Anyway, why aren't we trying to save the f'ing world? I think its a good enough cause.

Nor will you. Have my eye on a Fausto Coppi and?2 other frames besides. How available are quill stems?

you can get them fairly easily. not sure about vintage though.

Ok' date=' so I am a Phillistine and a Visigoth. Forgive me. But I tell you if Contador had ridden one of these old pieces of sh*te in the tour, [s']there is no way he would be in yellow. He would be in brown.[/s] he would still have won.

You can stop now mate, this is a thread that is specifically for us old guys who want to waste our time on old stuff. The new stuff thread is somewhere else. smiley7.gif

[/quote']

erm, I'm not uptight. I was just trying to liven up the thread is all.

Anyway, why aren't we trying to save the f'ing world? I think its a good enough cause.

Well, if you want to save the world you shouldn't ride carbon. Steel and alu can be recycled quite easily, carbon hardly at all.

Just think about all those broken carbon frames littering the landscape.

Ok' date=' so I am a Phillistine and a Visigoth. Forgive me. But I tell you if Contador had ridden one of these old pieces of sh*te in the tour, [s']there is no way he would be in yellow. He would be in brown.[/s] he would still have won.

You can stop now mate, this is a thread that is specifically for us old guys who want to waste our time on old stuff. The new stuff thread is somewhere else. smiley7.gif

okok. I will run off and pretend to do a bit of work for a change. But before I do, Spud, consider this: I take note that you crossed out my yellow/ brown ref to Conti in the tour, and changed it by saying he still would have one. All very nice. BUT, let the record reflect that you did not cross out my rather crude reference to "old pieces of sh*te". What this tells me is that subliminally, you really agree that these old bikes are just old pieces of sh*te even though you don't know that you agree. Now don't try and deny it cos I really understand psychology. You see, once I registered at Unisa for Psyche 101, and I read a few pages of the study guide (before dropping out of varsity), so as you can appreciate, I know my stuff.