Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Didn't go to the track - was at the bike shop in the morning, and there was racing at HNP later. Took it out on the roads around my burbs.

Funnily enough, I am looking for a 26.8 for an old MTB sorta rebuild...and coming up short for now too! Oh, well, the fun is in the search, right?! :huh:  :clap:

Will keep my eyes open for both of us!

My Kalloy is in great condition. Will post pic.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

My Eroica bike is almost done, all I need now is some appropriate kit. I am looking for anything branded Lejeune, jersey, caps or whatever. I also need some old school cycling shoes size 41.

If anybody has something they want to sell please PM me.

Thanks,

Barry

The bike is early 80s, 531 tubing with some 600 Arabesque RD, FD and shifters so still hoping to find  cranks brakes and levers but that is not easy in SA

Funnily enough, I am looking for a 26.8 for an old MTB sorta rebuild...and coming up short for now too! Oh, well, the fun is in the search, right?! :huh:  :clap:

Will keep my eyes open for both of us!

As promised, here is some pics of the Kalloy 26.8 seatpost I have. Its a heat treated 4 - 1 - 0. 36cm from bottom to mid seat rails. 10cm max insert.

post-44986-0-66643600-1456425067_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-15566100-1456425069_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-54899100-1456425070_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

My Eroica bike is almost done, all I need now is some appropriate kit. I am looking for anything branded Lejeune, jersey, caps or whatever. I also need some old school cycling shoes size 41.

If anybody has something they want to sell please PM me.

Thanks,

Barry

The bike is early 80s, 531 tubing with some 600 Arabesque RD, FD and shifters so still hoping to find  cranks brakes and levers but that is not easy in SA

awesome build Barry

awesome build Barry

Thanks Kamaalo but it was pretty much as is, thanks to Nils at Woodstock Cycleworks, all I did was stem, bars, non-aero brakes and changed the crank. 

So who is doing the Cape Town Cycle Tour (Argus) on a vintage bike? And if so which bike will it be? I am doing it on my Colnago Master.

Edited by Eppie

Climate, I love everything about your bike. It shows excellent taste from the frame angles which are special, DA groupo, Corsa tyres (big thumbs up), Rolls of course, Alter stem shows originality. Only thing out of line is the seatpin  :mellow:  you need a nice titanium seatpin. Best bike I have seen for months.

Funny that you should mention that......I did last years shorty on the old lady (Colnago Bititan, with C-record. Since added Shamal wheelset.) That little cassette is rough on the legs going up Suikerbossie though.......I'll see what I feel like on the day.

post-17716-0-43523700-1456513843_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-73900800-1456513857_thumb.jpg

Doing it on my C50... does that count?

Hint hint. If someone offer me a good 10 speed Campy Record groupset for the deal of a lifetime, I promise to join you on my C40. Think that'll count?