The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know - but he is alive! Been speaking to him on PM today and yesterday.

er, *cough*.. howsit.. got a new toy..

Should I post a pic?.. wait , I'll post a pic..

Edited by Pain or Shine

er, *cough*.. howsit.. got a new toy..

Should I post a pic?.. wait , I'll post a pic..

Teaser..

post-13110-0-43179400-1313162188.jpg

Yeah, I know - but he is alive! Been speaking to him on PM today and yesterday. Apparently his boss-man is treating him like his own personal whipping boy...

Thats the usual...hard life as a Janitor *sigh* ;)

nor did I..

Turns out I paid for 2011 but got 2010, only difference is graphics, so was not a big deal, but shock was incorrectly installed which led to Eyelet damage needing the whole eyelet assembly replaced. The rocker links were also damaged from the bad fit, but caught it in time before any serious implications.

So the solution was repair to which I expressed concern as this is actually not cheap. "No problem, leave it with me." said Steve... and just like that, his midas finger made a pass by the shock and the phone rand to say your bike is ready sir. Serviced too. New cables and housing..

:thumbup:

I believe the lack of stiction will make .025382% faster on the uphill.. better watchout!

Add to that, if I replace a bolt for titanuim, I'll be on your back wheel!

nor did I..

Turns out I paid for 2011 but got 2010, only difference is graphics, so was not a big deal, but shock was incorrectly installed which led to Eyelet damage needing the whole eyelet assembly replaced. The rocker links were also damaged from the bad fit, but caught it in time before any serious implications.

So the solution was repair to which I expressed concern as this is actually not cheap. "No problem, leave it with me." said Steve... and just like that, his midas finger made a pass by the shock and the phone rand to say your bike is ready sir. Serviced too. New cables and housing..

:thumbup:

Ja - when we talked about it on Tuesday you said nothing about Kashima, you sneaky bastid!

All I can say is - that is service! Damn. Taking responsibility for one of your mech's stuff-ups and actually going SOOO far above and beyond it's actually scary!

That's how you retain client loyalty.

Also,

Capricorn - When last you been to the Signal Hill track? I see the fire has cleared most of the bush, should make it easier to build new trails. Always wanted somthing that zig-zags down the slope with a few nice berms etc... Instead of the straight shoot between the trees...

Has there been any further development since last year?

PoS look away for a few mins:

LDF: It's wet season, and they moving further up and away with their logging efforts. Expect trails to start snaking outta nowhere (not really no where, but those guys dragging logs down the hill are making some sweet line options..:) )

Also, the rain comes intermittently, but on a frequent basis, making packing down that turf really convenient. We should meet up sometime on the hill: i've eyeballed a sweet, and LONG line. Uses a lot of the natural features. The tree felling after the fire (no deliberate burning since the fire!), is as you say, making this much much easier than before. Oh, and the start point is from the tar road ;)

Edited by Capricorn

Capricorn your box is full! haha PFFFFFFTT morewood over rated! <edited><editID>DownhillingKing</editID><editDate>2009-08-12 13:25:03</editDate></edited>

Guess who has a Morewood now.........hey `MR DHK