TRAGIC DEATH OF CYCLIST TODAY

Pickles

Sad sad senseless!!

This makes me so angry!!

R.I.P. Gerhard...I did not know you, but from what I read you were a great husband!

Estelle, you are in our thoughts...

People, be safe out there...it is a hostile environment.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they report this to the police??.. and have the police caught this motorist??

From what I can gather, it was a woman driving. She hit them head-on whilst overtaking (obviously on the right hand side of the road). The bottom line is that SPEED and IMPATIENCE and INTOLERANCE were more than likely involved. She has to live with herself for the rest of her life, and no punishment will bring Gerhard back. She'd better pray that the other cyclist, who is critical, pulls through.

Could not stop thinking of Gerhard and Estelle while out on my training ride keep faith girl and try to keep strong.

wisecrack2009-08-17 03:32:28

Just saw it in Beeld now. Always sad. Condolences from EM and myself to the family and friends. You are in our Prayers.

Terrible news, so sorry...

It's enough to make you want to cry and spit fire all at the same time.

Just got back from holiday and saw this news. So very, very sad...for Estelle, for the family, for the whole cycling community! May the Lord give you strength Estelle, during this very difficult time. Our heartfelt condolences to you and all Gerhard's family and friends.

Michael and Melody

To Estelle and family. we will pray for you. you are always in our hearts!

To all cyclist out there. It,s always tragic to hear about an death like this. We at Cycle 4 Christ will have a moment of silence before our saturday ride for Gerhard, Estelle and their families as well as other cyclist on the road. We ask that were ever you ride please do so as well.

Blessings

Read this in last nights news paper. Motorist said she did not see cyclist. Its called being f.... stupid. Sorry to hear about your friend

My condolences to Estelle, their family and friends.  I did not know him, but are truly saddened by this.

May you find refuge at God's feet, and may you allow Him to put His arms around you and carry you through this testing time.

Guest Frail4Life

May God lift your spirits and give strength to walk another day.

My condolences to Estelle and family.

When will something be done? For this is know getting out of hand.

Why must we cyclists and cyclists's families be the ones that get to suffer?