2010 Argus Cycle Tour & Giro del Capo

Drinks@Brawn

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with all the advertising when one enters the Argus online.

Its like a major irritation and waste of time when you're forced to pages to buy things and an Outsurance survey. Outsurance is a *$%* insurer on top of it!

Please vent to info@cycletour.co.za - so that they are aware they cant treat us like a bunch of moegoes.

My first on next year cant wait will be great

always held back this a one race Ive never done .

2010 will be the one.

Argus is way overrated boys and girls.  They are way too expensive, and take all participants for granted. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Time to move on! 

Anyone know how one can check previous Argus rides/results? On line preferably.  I lost count how many I have done and when' date=' thinking maybe this is my 10th .... so need to check b4 I start singing my own praises.

Thanks in advance 

[/quote']

Look urself up on Winning time's site: www.racetec.co.za

Guest Frail4Life

how can one compare the races with each entry fee?

Each race has its own merits. 

MoonMan

Why is it overrated? I think that it is a fantastic "funride"...to many people for racing but still heaps of fun..

94.7, Amashova, Argus...all in the same league and if you own a bicycle...you must do these at least once in your life...

smiley1.gif coenie2009-09-14 00:13:19

This will be my ninth year. Love it everytime.

Should have been my tenth but I rode on someone else's entry way back...

Great race/fun ride for thousands. Many guys and gals will only do this race all yearand many more are inspired to go out and buy a bike and ride for fun/fitness/competition.... whatever, the point is that its not always what you can get out of it. Just enjoy an awesome day on your bike with 30 000 odd other cyclist on a safe road around the most beautiful place on earth!

My entry is inTongue 

The Argus is a great ride and race!!!

It must be one of the largest carnivals in cycling. Plus the spectator support and awareness is amazing.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It also is SA?s biggest cycling benchmark ? 30 000 cyclist ride the same course at the +-same time. About 10 000 of them are fairly serious cyclists who take their sport serious. With the Argus all cyclists from SA can compare themselves on a fairly fair bases. No more cyclists grandstanding of ?? our race is soooo much harder/technical/tougher than your race and I did so well in it??

Its is a great route too!

Not too mention the sensation of having all those roads to yourself, the views, the peeps on the side. Classic this year was some cheerful aunties with a sign "dont let the wind get you down"

For me its also a ritual, and a nice time to visit the fair Cape (well okay besides the risk of a South Easter) just stay away from restaurants etc local service goes up the pole.

kosmonooit2009-09-15 08:20:42

just entered the 20th, plane tickets booked, and for once there's anough leave to stay a day or two :)