can u believe this

chucky

Now I have one question for Ken (The MAN of Men): If the Cradle belongs to you, would you kindly stick to YOUR local little General Dealer when doing your shopping and stay away from OUR shopping centres and facilities in the rest of JHB as I am afraid that a padvark like you is endangering our kids and ourselves.

I do not appreciate the Harley riders either, but they have as much right to the use of the road as our cyclists do - which is: We have full rights to the usage of the Cradle road. Please note that the upgrade of YOUR road would not have possible without the cyclists (and other people in SA's) financial contributions to taxes etc.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand that some of the movers and shakers in cycling actually went out and had a discussion with the guy and the issue is closed.

that's unfortunate! i shall have to keep my wits and my tazer about me on my cradle rides then. smiley15.gif

Let me tell you not as much as if you are driving.

I use the road to and from Lanseria from Gaborone.

I used it 2 Sat ago and was a nervous wreck.Why anyone would want to cycle with those road works going on beats me.Its a death trap.

In addition the blithering idiots ride 2 or 3 abreast even where there is construction and no shoulder.The skills of some of the riders also is pathetic.Looking around and veering into the road,wobbling thru the sand where there is a deviation.And some of them look as if they are balancing a watermelon between their legs>Keep those knees in guys,it improves the handling

I certainly would not ride there

i understand that some of the movers and shakers in cycling actually went out and had a discussion with the guy and the issue is closed.

If the "movers and shakers" did actually meet the "trout farmer" and did not give feedback to the cycling community, they are just what they are "movers and shakers"!!!!!!!!!!!

So nothing has been resolved then! Cry

I do not know....... surely if a new "set of rulz" to stop cyclists behaving badly was agreed, the shakers would have a responsibility to report back as the volunteered to take the issue on themelves. If nothing as done one can asume that cyclists can contniue to behave bdly!!!!!!! Maybe they want to keep it xclusively to their clubs

For all the synics out there,i said a meeting would be arranged and we have a meeting tomorrow at 9 to discuss everyones views,minutes wil be made and suggestions put on the hub ,be patient Rome was not built in a day

For all the synics out there' date='i said a meeting would be arranged and we have a meeting tomorrow at 9 to discuss everyones views,minutes wil be made and suggestions put on the hub ,be patient Rome was not built in a day

[/quote'] That's because I wasn't the Project Engineer. Big%20smile

For all the synics out there' date='i said a meeting would be arranged and we have a meeting tomorrow at 9 to discuss everyones views,minutes wil be made and suggestions put on the hub ,be patient Rome was not built in a day

[/quote'] That's because I wasn't the Project Engineer. Big%20smile

smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

be patient Rome was not built in a day

That's because I wasn't the Project Engineer. Big%20smile

I read that on the back of a building supply truck "Rome was not built in a day because we did not supply them with material"

• 2 weeks later...

Just some feedback.

Chucky and myself met with a representative of the residents from the Cradle area last week. Ken was invited but unfortunately could not make the meeting.

I am not going to go into details here just yet but various issues were discussed, some positive and some negative and a list has been drawn up.

In this weeks CGC newsletter it was also announced that CGC is coordinating a much bigger meeting with various interested parties in the area which should be held early in November, we will be forwarding our notes to CGC and will also attend this new meeting.

One interesting development around which there seems to be some confusion is the widening of the Cradle road. It seems there is a good chance that this will incorporate a properly demarcated cycling lane which will go a long way towards solving many of the traffic issues. We are trying to get clarity on this.

In the meantime please let's all just respect the rules of the road and be courteous to all other road users and the local residents.