Frames

Prince

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Technology is a wonderfull thing.We as cyclists should be glad that all the development that happens with carbon and other materials find its way to our sport.

Thanx Nochain.Took a while to get her to what she is today and even my LBS was shocked when they had her on the scale.

Thanx for the info Chrissie. The R3 weighs in at only 850gr. No weight limit with a lifetime warranty. Not too shabby hey. And cheaper than the BMC SLC 01 and the F4:13.

Sir Lancelot. Every second guy with half a brain yes. But your baby is very cool and light too. A great looker she is.

Sorry Racman' date=' its going to get the full Dura Ace treatment![/quote']

The SI cranks are lighter and stiffer than DA, but if you insist...

I'm just always confused as to why more people are not on Giant TCR Advanced frames. The bike has awesome handling, weight, and stiffness, and undercuts all of its competitors on price. It is also the same frame you find under the T-Mobile pros.

Trisponk, I think the TCR Advanced is a great frame. When I upgraded frames it was at the top of my list with the Scott CR1. I went for the Scott because the Giant was only available in pink, and a lot of people in Pta ride Giants.

If I had to go frame shopping again, the Scott would not be at the top of my list anymore. Basically the same frame, with carbon dropouts & ISP, 90 grams lighter, now sells for R10k more? No thanks. Like with Cervelo, the price went up as the brand became better known.

I must say I enjoy the CR1 immensly, and I will ride my CR1 till it breaks. Ultra light & very stiff, below the UCI weight limit (weighed with 2 bottle cages & pedals) even with a Chorus bb & aluminium cranks, what more could I want?

The F4:13 is a great bike.I have a blue one.If u buy one u know u have one of the best frames aroundTongue