Frames

Prince

I thought Cannondale's first attempt at carbon was the Synapse, and their first at alu/Cf combination - the Six13. Crux maybe you can help there. Anyway, a 1st attempt should not be confused with a "failed" attempt Big%20smile 

(no, I don't own one!)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CAADman, what are you looking for in a bike? Smooth ride? Super stiffness? Low mass? Good looks? Exclusivity? Value for money?

Gumpole: Casa rides the Prince. Dogma was the magnesium frame used by Fassa Bortolo. I guess Pinarello decided in the end that full carbon is better than aluminium. Embarrassed no!! did I say aluminium? My brain must be fried! The dogma was magnesium EmbarrassedEmbarrassedDead

Christie2007-05-07 08:42:15

Chrissie, like all us of us i would like everthing but we all know that is not possible. I would say weight , stiffnesss and looks to single out some priorities

Chrissie' date=' like all us of us i would like everthing but we all know that is not possible. I would say weight , stiffnesss and looks to single out some priorities[/quote']

Then what about a Scott?

Sorry but Scott's just dont float my boat. I guess exclusivity also play a part!CAADman2007-05-07 09:04:54

Sorru but Scott's just dont float my boat.

What boat have you got? Scotts are pretty light and might just float it (if you plug the holes).

CAADman, I hope you are one HOT cyclist cause you know a Pinarello is going to get lots of looks and comments if you are not near the front - of the race not just your group. (Of course even more if it is pink LOL)

We must be cousins then LOL

(although I must confess it was one of the reasons I sold my Colnago Cry. Those Rabobank colours attracted a little too much attention!)

Cannondale System Six - overpriced' date=' cannondales first attempt at a carbon bike Confused, weight? think-you have to take the SI cranks as DA wont fit - TCS guys might be correcting me. [/quote']

It's only got 2 or 3 carbon tubes and VERY light. You get two frames, one can take normal cranks.

There is onlyone frame. to fit a STD crank and BB you have to fit an insert.

But why take other brand cranks when the SI Cranks are the dogs danglies??!

PS: system 6 is their third carbon bike. First there was the Raven, then came Synapse and now System 6.

CAADman. Cervelo R3 has been rated by Specialized as the best carbon frame in the world after testing 20 of the top carbon frames in the world. F4:13 is a great and beautifull bike but heavy. BMC SLC01 also a great bike and has won the Volvo Engeneering design award in Switserland this year and is very light and stiff. My 2 cents worth. Hope this helps seeing you did not considder these.

Cervelo R3 - definately known as the "yuppies" choice today ("the pro's ride he exact bke you can buy in the shop!" - Owen & AndrewBig%20smile), which is actually a shame as it is an excellent bike.

BMC SLC 01 - seen as overrated and overpriced by many, but to those who dare to be different - what a bike!!

So we have a choice of Canadian (and Cyclelab - Cervelo) hype & advertising vs. Swiss Engineering & precision (BMC)vs Italian Passion & flair (Pinarello) vs US hype(some would say it's not, myself included - System Six) (and the wrath of TCS if you don't chooseBig%20smile)  vs a combination of Eastern build & US marketing (Specialized) - you take your pic. All good in my opinion.  
racman2007-05-08 01:02:09