Frames

Prince

PS: system 6 is their third carbon bike. First there was the Raven' date=' then came Synapse and now System 6.
[/quote']

You can't say that. The SIX13 was before the System6 and had more carbon. I still don't classify them as "carbon" frames.

Oh, thanks for clarrifying the crank issue.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

six 13 was never really a carbon bike. It is a CAAD9 with the top and down tubes cut out and replaced with carbon tubes for ride tuning.

System6 manufactured in a similar manner - cut a CAAD9 in half and attach a stiffer carbon front to it, but the result makes it more a Carbon bike in my view than the SIx 13

CAADman, given your original list, the Pinarello would be the heavier, more comfortable ride. Has the most style points.

I do not know Specialized bikes at all, but they should be good. I would guess the Specialized and Cannondale to be closer in ride & feel. The Cannondale is one of the stiffest bikes around, thanks to those oversized tubes. I would guess the ride will be on the harsh side compared to the Pinarello. The 'Dale will be a sprinters delight, however.

If you are looking at the BMC as an outside contender, that would be my choise. Light & very stiff. Won't be as comfortable as the Pinarello, but more responsive than the Pinarello and less harsh than the 'Dale. Slight cons of the BMC is that it is very unconventional looking, sort of "extreme engineering" design. Depends if you prefer a tecnological marvel a above traditional frame. Also not as comfortable as the R3. 

I agree with raceman about the Cervelo. By some accounts it is the best combination of stiffness, low mass and ride comfort available. Great bike, too much hype.

Christie2007-05-08 05:39:40

Joss, when you say the Pinarello is heavier what sort of additional grams are we talking about? I always find it difficult to find accurate frame weights.

Weight for the F4:13 I found on the net is 1220 grams.

System six : 1115 grams.

(both without the fork)

BMC SLC01: 960 grams.

Christie2007-05-08 07:00:18

the Pinarello's are damn kewl, but 25k for that F4:13 frame, nah.

wisen up a look at Felt !

Weight for the F4:13 I found on the net is 1220 grams.

System six : 1115 grams.

(both without the fork)

BMC SLC01: 960 grams.

Whooa my Fuji is lighter than the SSix AND the F413. Not that weight is such a big deal but its like discovering that a Mazda has more power than a Ferrari.

ya but what difference with those few grams make when you consider that this equates to less than 1% of the total rider+ bike, waterbottles and pump weight?

caadman take the bmc its an awesome bike im lucky enough to ride the bmc slc01 its so responsive  and stiff its unbelievable!! and just look at the bike its damn sexy!20070508_073402_HPIM0788.jpg

I agree GoLefty, couple of hundred grams wont make a difference here. But if you have to compare frames, mass is one of the few scientific parameters that you can get info in. With sStiffness etc. one has to guess.

Lancelot: Nice machine Thumbs%20Up I like the crank. Stronglight?

Christie2007-05-08 07:44:24