Yeti vs Ellsworth

likealeopard

I am trying to compare a Yeti 575 to an Ellsworth Epiphany. I have a chance at getting either. I know the Epiphany costs more but which is the best bike?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not familiar with the ride of the Epiphany but tried a 575 which was very different from my ASR. If you are not in too much of a hurry, there is a new asr5 coming out which is meant to be the bees knees.

A bit on and off the topic. Is Morningside cycles still open? They are/were the Yeti agents. And without an local agent, I would not touch a R15 000 plus frame.

Ja they still there. Selling beauts I may add. Is a yeti a yuppie bike??? Or it it actually worth the cesh???

Also have not ridden an Ellsworth but you cant go wrong with the 575. I would go Yeti all the way. The geometry of the 575 frame makes alot more sence to me - mainly the back shock and rear triangle in one line.

Yeti any day for me, I also think there is a 575c coming out.

Plus Morning side are just a great bunch of guys.

They are at most stage races and will help out IF need be.

I think you actually see more Yetis then Raleighs on the Spruit and Northern Farms.

Haha! raleighs are going to be a rare comodity one day, back on the cool wall!!

Ellsworth without a doubt. It is like a BMW, once you have ridden one you will not look at anything else again.

Ellsworth without a doubt. It is like a BMW' date=' once you have ridden one you will not look at anything else again.[/quote']

in other words you become a d@@s. smiley36.gif

The moment you get on a Ellsworth you will realise that its the best, maybe not the lightest, but without a doubt the most fun you can have on a MTB, oh and they look good as well.

You'll have less maintanence on the Yeti suspension. I believe the Yeti will be better value for money.

Having said that, I dont think either will be much better as they are both top of the range frames

Go and test ride both and see which one talks to you (thats how i ended up with my YetiWink)

If I look beyond the names and which looks best to me (and try my best to ignore the "like BMW" comment) I would say the Ellsworth.

Both are great bikes, but the Ellsworth is a better ride. Has a more balanced feel and geo to it and the BB is not as high as the 575's. Some people like higher BB's, but the 575 has a tall "on top" feeling to it and it slows it down in the twisty turny stuff.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the most fun you can have on a MTB (or taht a Raleigh should go on the cool wall), but it's a great bike. Probably lighter than the 575.

I ride an Epiphany, and personally I don't think you can go wrong. However you dealing with two top marques, take Zeepee's advice - ride before you buy.

Personally I believe the Epiphany fits that catergory "one bike for all occasions" better then the Yeti 575

Ellsworth is the way to go! Their ICT suspension system works so well! I went from a Titus to an Ellsworth and am loving the Ellsworth!