Burger entry cost: Cape moan/discussion

FanieFiets

I see it is R 160-00 if you are a ppa member and R 180-00 if not.  So.....who is entering and who is spending money on something else? 

FanieFiets2009-10-14 08:38:34

Yea it is a bit rude. I think that is more expensive than the one tonner. I dont need it for my Argus seeding so I think I will skip it.

I got an email saying that the route has changed but aside from saying that it starts at Nelson's Wine Estate, there is no other detail. I don't feel like paying that price for a boring jaunt around the boland. At least with the old route you got the old hels hoogte thrown in.

is this race a fast one... i need to get a good seeding for argus as I want to take it easy again.

sad about the route change....old hels was good to drop the weaker riders, and was aiming for a sub 3 this yr

oh well.....will do it anyway

Rip off!!

You can ride at anytime on the road for free??? 

Unlike MTB routes that takes you on to private property.....worth paying for.

All the league rides are R160 (race fee R80 + R80 admin fee) if you do not enter for the whole series or if you are an 'out of town' rider, but just for one race.... so this is one is actually just the same price as a league ride

It is rather expensive, but then there are suckers like me who need it for the Argus seeding.  I don't want to be starting after 9am and therefore have paid the R160 to enter.

Come & ride the 94.7

Late entry fee is R365. If you haven't got a chip, add an extra R80 and if you aren't licenced, add an extra R30.

It is rather expensive' date=' but then there are suckers like me who need it for the Argus seeding.  I don't want to be starting after 9am and therefore have paid the R160 to enter.

[/quote']

The organisers know that there are plenty people, just like you, wanting to get a decent seeding for the Argus. That's why they charge a premium, is that cynical or just good business?