Sad/Pathetic local cycling news!

shade

Kom ons vind uit wie die man is, dan kry ons hom almal in 'n donker hoekie die aand voor Argus 2008... Angry

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he lives in Bakoven he probably needs the cash badly. Maybe pay towards the monthly mortgage. People like this shouldn't be cycling. This guy needs a RFS.

We know who it is, i'm just wondering if we should get more facts before posting his name...?????

Dosntthe little paper we sign when we do races/ join ppa say we cant take legal action any damages or losses that happen during races

I've been told by a lawyer that these indemnities we sign really mean nothing if you can prove gross negligence on another rider or the oganiser's side.

Same as the "At your own risk" signs you see anywhere really.

If someone does something really k@k stupid or reckless and causes you personal injury or loss, you can sue them irrespective of these notices.

A summons is a public document, which can be accessed by anyone who has the patience to wait in a long queue at the High Court.

I say scan the summons and post it on the hub so we can all have a good laugh smiley36.gif

Do how do you prove gross negligence in the middle of a race from 2 years ago???

I say scan the summons and post it on the hub so we can all have a good laugh smiley36.gif

We're working on it!! Clap

One or two reliable witnesses....

This is cycling, there is no such thing as a reliable witnesses. Or court translator.

Do how do you prove gross negligence in the middle of a race from 2 years ago???

He's got two chances: no chance and F@#$-all chance.

No doubt his lawyer (a paragon of objectivity) has told him he has a very good chance!

our friend fell after the bunch slowed down and his front wheel got crossed by the guy in front. He fell over into the oncoming traffic , which is where this guy hit him coming down at speed .. our friend lost part of his ear in the crash..  there are many witnesses to this !<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Nice. So if the guy is to have any case whatsoever, falling into oncoming traffic must have been either gross negligence or intentional on the part of your mate... Interesting!

I wouldn't lose much sleep over this if I were your friend

What a waste of time for all concerned if this does end up in court though.....I can't see it going anywhere