Online shopping to be stopped

wheels

Guest Big H

From Marvuli Website

Bianchi, Campagnolo, Diadora, Fulcrum, ITM, Polar, Time

From J&J Cycling website

Bianchi, Campagnolo, Fulcrum, ITM, Time

I think it is quite safe to assume where the lawyers letter came from. Only POLAR and Diadora are not there.... did they also come with legal action???????

Funny that the suppliers of the exclusive kempekkenoglia thingies are overcharging the public. Is that how they gained their label of exclusivity..... ekke wonner maar net!!!!!!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Marvuli Website

Bianchi' date=' Campagnolo, Diadora, Fulcrum, ITM, Polar, Time

From J&J Cycling website

Bianchi, Campagnolo, Fulcrum, ITM, Time

I think it is quite safe to assume where the lawyers letter came from. Only POLAR and Diadora are not there.... did they also come with legal action???????

Funny that the suppliers of the exclusive kempekkenoglia thingies are overcharging the public. Is that how they gained their label of exclusivity..... ekke wonner maar net!!!!!!!!
[/quote']

I just added the Diadora and Polar as many people has told me that these companies are reluctant to honor service agreements in SA.

Guest Big H

I ordered two POLAR S725X HRmonitors from Totalsports. The two cadence sensors did not work. I took them to POLAR and they were very accommodating and said that they have to confirm that Totalsp[orts is an accredited dealer. They sent a email to POLAR GB. I was in a hurry to get back to Mozambique and could not wait. I ended up paying for two new PC boards myself. They were not reluctant at all but had to follow procedure????? Totalsports refunded me for the cost of the two new PC Boards. Great service and co-operation from both companies. In a followup letter to POLAR they confirmed that Totalsports was an accredited dealer and if I was patient they would have repaired the Cadence sensors under guarantee!!!!!!! Big H2007-05-19 04:23:19

I'd like to see that the cycle mags also get involved in this. How about a ver extensive article about what is grey, what is parallel and what is local and being ripped off.

I bet they wont, how about every hubber send them a mail, get your cycle buddies to do the same, or are they caboets with these importers.?

cycling is SA is very very buddy buddy, but as they say it is much lekker to n@@! your maatjie than to drop your prices and make more money from a lot of sales than try and do one or two big deals in a month

But that seems to be or modis operandi nail every one to make a quick buck

I read both the posts from CWC and this one and if this is what the local agents are doing, I will make a point to NOT buy any of those products from lacal bike shops. The agents in South Africa is making a killing and forces the bike shops to make a small profit.

From this post it looks that J&J cycling is trekking a bit naargat, so bad on you guys, you won't be getting any of my business any time soon.

CWC and Marvuli: You will get all my support from now on. Looks like these guys are picking on you.

Face it agents, it is all about the money, if products are imported legally and VAT and other duties are paid by these guys what's the problem.

I had bought some parts from another store overseas and when I had to get some parts replaced the agent in SA(no names) did not want to replace it, he said that if it was bought from overseas it has no warantee. I simply sent an e-mail to the manufacturer and within a week I had a new set of wheels that the agent in SA had to give me. The manufacturer said that their products has a INTERNATIONAL warantee.

I agree with Dirty Harry. We should all stand together and support our two online shops. They are the ones who had the balls to start online - dont no which one was 1st - Come on cyclist lets show the trade that we will not allow that FAT CATS to get fatter.

I were at CWC yesterday and snr just laughs. He said that he will fight till the very end - even if he have to go to the Supreme court.

Long live online - long live CWC / Marvulli

I'd like to see that the cycle mags also get involved in this. How about a ver extensive article about what is grey' date=' what is parallel and what is local and being ripped off.

I bet they wont, how about every hubber send them a mail, get your cycle buddies to do the same, or are they caboets with these importers.?
[/quote']Type something up and I'll slap it right on the front page of Chainwheel!