Online shopping to be stopped

wheels

Can you buy a car over the internet and have it sent to your house from for example a <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Dubai web site? I think not!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Smile 

yes u can, if u are not SA resident u may import direct import from Japan to Durban & collect your car there free of taxes. 

If it is a local agency issue, then all Marvuli has to do is host his site & register his business in a place like Dubai. The he can carry on as usual.

or alternatevely register your entreprise on a neighbour country with shipping facilities, Mozambique

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also generally wholesalers are not ripping us off - no-one is getting rich from the cycling business. Many products are quite in line with international pricing. For those that are not' date=' well, maybe they are taking a slightly bigger margin than they need to, but we are still not getting smoked in a big way. [/quote']

Quote:  CWC for Campy Record Ultra Torque Crank:  R4500

Quote:  Bruce Reinecke for same product:  R8500

Nope....this is not ripping off.  This butf*()*_# you with a hedgehog on a stick.

True' date=' and I am hear what you are saying and agree, but we live in SA where everything is a ripoff. Paying R6K less to import a camera is also possible. Can you imagin the impact on the cycle shops (Not talking about the wholesalers). I bought zipps and had problems with the body. The agent here replaced it 4 times no problem. (Thanks for the service!!) If I bought it over the web it will be a wast to ship back and foth time wise. Having wheels not rolling for six moths is dead capital. Put youself in there shoes? (Bike shops) They need our business!

[/quote']

Savage.

If you bought the Zipp wheels overseas and have taken it in to your LBS and paid for the repairs, you still would have had enough money to buy a second wheelset for traing while they fix your Zipps.

For as long as people gets screwed sideways, there will be a gray import market. 

I have ALWAYS been a supporter of the LBS.  They employ local.  You keep your money inside the borders, etc...etc...etc....

And I KNOW you have to make a profit.  But a profit PLUS DOUBLE the price....that is not how it is done!!!

Life is too expensive to suport someone elses high living style!! 
Spinnekop2007-05-18 02:10:22

There is NO COURT in the world that can stop on-line trading into SA.

S.A. is a free trade port - in other words, anybody can sell into SA as long as the product is legal and the purchaser complies with all trade requirements (ie) VAT, DUTY etc.

Believe me this is my field of business  - IT CAN NOT BE STOPPED.

The official importer may have an agreement with the manufacturer, however any retailer anywhere in the world who also has an agreement with the manufacturer can sell here if he so wishes - there may be commercial disagreements between importers and distributors, but that is between them - legally anybody can sell into SA.!

Julle piete wat so gier en tier moet net een ding onthou. Suid Afrika is 'n klien fietsry nasie. Ons regverdig soms nie eers al die glitzy fietsrywinkels wat ons het nie. Ons winkels moet stock aanhou teen 'n redelike monetere risiko. Hulle sit met 'n klein kliente getal aan die een kant en 'n wankelrige Rand aan die anderkant. Ek self koop oorsee want dit is goedkoper. Die rumour dat jy nie klientediens gaan kry nie is twak. Dit word versprei deur van die groot invoerders. Toe my POLAR S725X se cadence sensors gepak het wat ek by Totalsports gekoop het' date=' het Polar dit reggemaak en vervang nadat hulle vasgestel het dat Totalsports 'n geakrediteerde POLAR agent is.[/quote']

Why are there so many people who write about sending Polar products back?!  and then they tell it like it's a good thing!!!!

My UK bought Canon camera packed up and Canon SA repaired it cause it has a world wide warranty!  Why should bikes be different?

Guest Big H

Because they are stingy grumpy swarthy little men wringing their hands together thinking about the shekels they can get out of dimwitted ego driven style orientated stupid cyclists!!!! Daar nou weet jy ook.!!!!!!! And we are to stupid to realise that!!!! Big H2007-05-18 03:03:24

My UK bought Canon camera packed up and Canon SA repaired it cause it has a world wide warranty!  Why should bikes be different?

Money and monopoly.  And then the old South African curse, Rip off your fellow SA citizens as much as possible!!

Quote:  CWC for Campy Record Ultra Torque Crank:  R4500

Quote:  Bruce Reinecke for same product:  R8500

Thats just Fu*ked up. Thats more than 2 grand on the recc retail.

Man what a joke, they cant stop online trading. Next thing kalahari.net will get closed down coz it sells new release dvd's for R10 cheaper than musica? ... bu11sh1t.

Also if not Marvulli, then use overseas sites like chainreaction.

Manufacturers who value their customers will have an international warranty - count about 99% of them.

The issue that arises with this, is that the manufacturer will in all cases, leave the warranty issues to his appointed distributor - now in some industries the local distributor will honour the warranty of parallel imports and some (like bike importers) dont.

Unfortunately this is a commercial decision - personally I think its short sighted and an indication of an immature industry, but thats the reality.

It must also be noted the following - 

There is a massive differance between GREY PRODUCTS as often referred to here and PARALLEL IMPORTS.

Legally "Grey Imports" are considered products which are imported via an illegal means whereby the local import tax, vat and / or duty is diminished or eliminated on the product, so the importer gains an unfair advantage.

"PARALLEL IMPORTS" are legally referred to as "Products imported into a country (where there is an authorised distributor) but via the right channels" (ie) legally and where tax, vat and / or duty is paid and there is no UNFAIR advantage gained.

"Parallel imports" are perfectly legal - "Grey Imports" are not for the reason as above.

This stands even if the official importer has knowledge of the parallel import or not.

[quote=

"Parallel imports" are perfectly legal - "Grey Imports" are not for the reason as above.

This stands even if the official importer has knowledge of the parallel import or not.

This is exactly how HiFi Corporation works selling Parallel imports

[quote=

This is exactly how HiFi Corporation works selling Parallel imports

Yes, SL-C thats a good example of a legit parallel importer - no "grey" products there.

Is this a grey product? who cares? can anyone beat this online shops price? http://www.sportsdirect.co.za/

Sport mansware house and Mr Price Sport sell this for R2995.00.

Come on Popeye - speak the truth - Mr Price Sport sell the 725i for R2989.99! Wink

Yes we also receive a letter from a lawyer company! <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This matter is with our legal department and believe me, we will not stop

Supplying you (our customers) with the best discount prices!

Thanks for your support and all the calls and e-mails we received today!

Believe me; we will not let you down.

I suppose the trick here is to ask, are these guys bringing in parralel or grey imports? If it's grey (illegal) phuck them, they shouldn't be. If however they are merely parralel importers then that's ok