Sun Screen/B;ock

Wheelsuck

The problem is that the sun block with high protection that I use is sticky and then all the dirt sticks to you, Anyone know a product that is not sticky but gives adequate protection? 

I use this stuff:

http://www.pizbuin.com/summer_suncare_oil_free.jsp;jsessionid=u9dL1I3Q37wAs-f2x6npyElK4xE

It's non-greasy' date=' so stuff doesn't really stick to it and it's one of the few sunscreens that doesn't give me an allergic reaction.

[/quote']

+1

There is only one sunblock...  pizbuin  Clap  I burn myself to pieces within minutes and nothing saves me.  A factor 8 piz buin and I can be in the sun the whole day long where factor 40 of other stuff means nothing.  I use either the in sun or 1 day long and the wife uses radiant face as well

Jackes17542009-11-02 05:09:59

You get a spf 50 or so in tropitone/sport something in a stick- looks a like a big lip balm or the Tabard holders. 

Works very well as it is sweat resistant and you can apply it by smearing it and not need to get your hands full of it.

Techniblock. It sprays on and evaporates leaving a protection layer. It stays on and has a high protection factor. I think Dischem has it in their own brand too for less. Same stuff, works like a charm.

SP 20 for me. It's a oil type that gets absorbed into the skin and after a while there is nothing and you do not need to "top-up" during the day.

It used to be sold in the shops as IronMan 8 hour but has changed it's label since.  Having fair skin and skin related cancer in the family i have tried most but nothing comes close to this.  I spend most weekends on the golf course and water skiing and never get burnt, it is also not greasy.

SP 20 for me. It's a oil type that gets absorbed into the skin and after a while there is nothing and you do not need to "top-up" during the day.

Agreed! I've done 7 hour rides in rough sun with no top up and no burn. The stuff rocks.

Apparently it's a chemical rather than physical barrier (it increases the melatonin production rather than just stopping the sun getting through).

A warning though - put is on and allow about 10 minutes to seep it or it'll turn your clothes a pale yellow!

Well hopefully you all already know that if your sunblock does not work there is always Stinger Bahama Blue to sort out the aftermath.

Conquer sunburn with Stinger?s Bahama Blue After Sun.

Apply Bahama Blue directly after sunburn to regain healthy skin tone and minimise peeling.

Techniblock. It sprays on and evaporates leaving a protection layer. It stays on and has a high protection factor. I think Dischem has it in their own brand too for less. Same stuff' date=' works like a charm.[/quote']

Amen - I've tried around 8 different "sport" / "water resistant" / "non greasy" types and techniblock is the best.  Apply and 10 secs later there's no residue.  Also the only one that does not make my face sweat lots.

Just be sure to close your eyes when you apply to your face...

Techniblock. It sprays on and evaporates leaving a protection layer. It stays on and has a high protection factor. I think Dischem has it in their own brand too for less. Same stuff' date=' works like a charm.[/quote']

Used Techniblock at Berg and Bush last weekend. That stuff is the best ever, no stinging eyes etc.Big%20smileBig%20smile

I use Techniblok....... It was prescribed to me by my Dermatologist. I had a skin cancer on my cheek that was nuked and after that she insisted that I use the stuff when I go into the sun. We also bough a skin creme in a tube at ARGUS this year............ will post the name later as all is apcked in now. Techiblok burns your eyes is you apply it on your brow and you sweat. The skin creme is a SPF 50 and doesn not burn the eyes.

By the way Techniblok is waterproof for up to Four hours and is used by the Special Services of the SAP, Springbok Shooting team as well as the Spirngbok Fishing team.

It used to be sold in the shops as IronMan 8 hour but has changed it's label since.  Having fair skin and skin related cancer in the family i have tried most but nothing comes close to this.  I spend most weekends on the golf course and water skiing and never get burnt' date=' it is also not greasy.

[/quote']

Look no further....this stuff is the best!

Thanks for the advice all, one thing I do know from this experience is that the  Stinger After Sun Soother really works

Techniblock. Tried everything. This works for kids and dirty MTBers. Brilliant stuff at a decent price. Get it at Dischem and you get a handy free small spray bottle too.