WE need daylight saving now ASAP

Konaman

South Africans will save billions in electricity bills, if we can change the clock back 2 hours during the summer. 5am now, will become 7am in the morning then.  You will probably go to bed soon after its dark. This will also assist Eskom who is battling to provide enough electricity for the country.

Just imagine if you can knock off 2 hours earlier everyday,from work! I know what i will be doing until its dark.

How can we ordinary South Africans get it implemented?

Konaman2009-11-03 14:22:17

So you're saying we'll have to get up 2 hours earlier? Why would we want to do that?

smiley5.gif

I have thought about that too. The problem is that you need everyone to be on the same page.

You work the same hours, except you just get more day light to live your life.

Day light savings in africa is not gonna be happening soon.  Sad but true.

So you're saying we'll have to get up 2 hours earlier? Why would we want to do that?

smiley5.gif

yea - why?

Guest Agteros

Day light savings in africa is not gonna be happening soon.  Sad but true.

Especially with the spend-spend mentality, and the low levels of saving in the country..

So, we can't even save money, how can we save day light now AS WELL? Surely there is enough day light going around for each day! Confused

Guest Agteros

smiley5.gif

yea - why?

The only reason I can see is... You get up at 5 now (or is that 3?), and have 2 extra hours for bike riding/training before work starts at 8:00/8:30

THAT sounds good!

Kulula ran a big campaign on this topic, achieved nought though. 

I would like it very much, so much sunlight wasted in the morning that could be used later..

Daylight savings is an absolute no-brainer! It works everywhere else in the world and (despite all the anti-African sentiments) will work here too.

They introduced daylight saving for the same reasons in Europe, and after all the years of daylight savings they know now for a fact that it doesn't save anything.

The only reason why they still stick to it is, because it would be too expensive to move back.

This is not a joke, this is the truth. It simply doesn't work.

The only difference between day and night , as most of us knows is that it gets dark for some reason . (some of don't know why this happens) . As long as you get your 6 hours sleep every 24hours you will be fine .

We are on African Time - Imagine trying to get everyone to change thier clocks and watches backwards and forwards twice a year.

Besides, Eskom is still going to hike the prices by 50% a year whether we like it or not.

South Africans will save billions in electricity bills' date=' if we can change the clock back 2 hours during the summer. 5am now, will become 7am in the morning then. You will probably go to bed soon after its dark. This will also assist Eskom who is battling to provide enough electricity for the country.Just imagine if you can knock off 2 hours earlier everyday,from work! I know what i will be doing until its dark.How can we ordinary South Africans get it implemented?

[/quote']

I all for this, it worked well in London....

just a correction....moving the clock BACK...= 7 will then be 5 not.... 5 become 7

smiley1.gif

i would not do it to save money.

Rather to enjoy more daylight with the family and cycling.

mudda2009-11-04 02:26:04

• It's been proven not to save electricity.  I repeat: daylight savings does not save electricity.
  • You could just get up earlier, you know.  It's nice to cycle at 5am in daylight.  Or you could work for one of the banks and start work at 7.
  • You wanna synchronize clocks according to a calendar in a country with zero education?  What, are you nuts?