SA rider Seeding

Spinnekop

The news I've received through my club is that CSA is doing away with the Recreational licence' date=' and there will only be a FULL RACING LICENCE and a CYCLSPORT LICENCE.

Therefore, if you don't want to get a licence, you can always go the DAY-LICENCE route, at R35 (don't quote me) each time. However there is a limit on the number of day licences one can get (= more admin)

As for the RANKING of riders, let's wait and see.
[/quote']

The latest that i have heard, was that, two licences full and cyclo. full will cost more or less R300 and you can participate in any cycling event, from road, MTB, bmx downhill etc. the Cyclo will cost R80 and you are limited as now.

Would this system not favour those living in Jhb where most of the racing takes place?  So i live a couple hours from Jhb but am able to race in local races that has some decent talent and racing' date=' there is no timing and the field is normally 150 strong at best.  So i improve my racing ability but because there was no timing i am forced to race the bigger events in what cat then?  Let say i am good enough to race with most the current vets, i won't be afforded that opportunity now?[/quote']

Well.......isn't it the way it is at the moment??????

Nope!!  Anyone could license as a vet and when racing in the bigger races, regardless of your ability you were seeded in the vets cat.  The only time that has not happened is in the Argus and 94.7 where they have minimum seeding requirement of 9 or 10 (i think?) 

The way i understand it from what i have read on the hub is that Andrew McLean will now be racing against Jaco Feirera, am i correct? 

So then the problem isn't with the seeding vs ranking - its organisers letting any body (with a license) into racing categories. why dont they just keep a limit like max. 7% seeding to enter certain categories, all done by computer, by cyclelab... just like they neatly organise the masses into AL, BL, CL etc.

So then the problem isn't with the seeding vs ranking - its organisers letting any body (with a license) into racing categories. why dont they just keep a limit like max. 7% seeding to enter certain categories' date=' all done by computer, by cyclelab... just like they neatly organise the masses into AL, BL, CL etc.
[/quote']

So why have two systems?

Licence

Get seeded according to ability

Race

What's the issue?????????

7% seeding on a flat race is way different to 7% on a hillier one, so they need to grade the races first. imo

Maybe one day (GASP!)' date=' one day we'll even have a mountain bike seeding....[/quote']

There is already one in place through ROAG.  Not without significant faults but a seeding nonetheless and no more inaccurate than the one Cycle Lab have been running or the one WPPPA ran.

Still run

Is this going to happen before or after CSA throw out the myrace licensing system and hand it over to racetec (mr bellairs)?

Its not freaking rocket science people, but unlike the UK we'll have to have some form of Safferised system along the lines of:

1. Racing licensed riders are graded Elite, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th
  2. Non racing licensed riders are graded A-Z

3. To ride with the manne, you have to hold a racing license of the correct grade

4. Each race is graded according to an index and points are awarded to finishing positions for instance, races over 100km will have points down to 20th or so, and everything else above and below.

5. Racing licensed groups are split depending on the level of race (for national events only say Elites and 1sts may ride together, then 2nds & 3rds with 4ths being the entry level for licensed riders.
  6. Riders must accumulate points throughout the year to either move up or maintain their current grade, 4th being the lowest for instance.

7. Non racing riders can be graded A-Z as per the current winners times based systems of CL or PPA.
  8. To ride national championship events you have to hold a racing license.
  9. All licenses grant you access to enter any event (i.e. road, MTB, track, BMX)
The above could be a start and from my experience riding in blighty along with the SA Sportif (aka funride) culture, a compromise can easily be worked out.

ShortLegs2009-11-05 00:53:26

Is there something similar for Mountain biking? <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Can I apply for racing MTB license?

Is this going to happen before or after CSA throw out the myrace licensing system and hand it over to racetec (mr bellairs)?

You know something no one else knows?