SA rider Seeding

Spinnekop

So....News on CSA's web page:

"For 2010, Cycling South Africa recognized the need for a more simplified approach to licensing and has instituted various changes to the licensing structure, which includes event sanctioning and ranking of riders. These changes are to be announced by November 07, latest."

Does this mean we have a light in the tunnel and it is NOT a train???!!!???!!  Tongue

Certainly hope so.

So......who has inside info??  Waars daai dekselse volstruis as jy hom nodig het.......LOL

Sounds as if its a step in the right direction.

Can only be better than what it is at the moment.

Hopefully it will be 1 system that is used nationally, and not same old same old where PPA uses another etc...

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hopefully when they talk about Ranking for Licensed riders they will start looking at finish position in your cat and stop looking at Time compared to the Elites.

This way guy's will stop getting good seedlings for fast races and get a ranking based on he's ability in he's category.

so will you still be able to buy yourself into the elites and vets categories.

I hope not....otherwise it will just be as useless as the system we have at the moment.....Dead

<WET BLANKET>

They were promising this 3 years ago (at least)...

</WET BLANKET>

The inability of CSA to run a national seeding system was the

primary motive behind Cycle Lab doing so. If they didn't we

wouldn't have one at all...

How will it work... for example placing 20th in the Argus is very different to placing 20th in some minor race (less quality riders)? 

How will it work... for example placing 20th in the Argus is very different to placing 20th in some minor race (less quality riders)??

That is correct. The Argus is the be all and end all of all races to be measured against..........not.

Would this system not favour those living in Jhb where most of the racing takes place?  So i live a couple hours from Jhb but am able to race in local races that has some decent talent and racing, there is no timing and the field is normally 150 strong at best.  So i improve my racing ability but because there was no timing i am forced to race the bigger events in what cat then?  Let say i am good enough to race with most the current vets, i won't be afforded that opportunity now?

Maybe one day (GASP!)' date=' one day we'll even have a mountain bike seeding....[/quote']

There is already one in place through ROAG.  Not without significant faults but a seeding nonetheless and no more inaccurate than the one Cycle Lab have been running or the one WPPPA ran.

Would this system not favour those living in Jhb where most of the racing takes place?  So i live a couple hours from Jhb but am able to race in local races that has some decent talent and racing' date=' there is no timing and the field is normally 150 strong at best.  So i improve my racing ability but because there was no timing i am forced to race the bigger events in what cat then?  Let say i am good enough to race with most the current vets, i won't be afforded that opportunity now?[/quote']

Well.......isn't it the way it is at the moment??????

Would this system not favour those living in Jhb where most of the racing takes place?  So i live a couple hours from Jhb but am able to race in local races that has some decent talent and racing' date=' there is no timing and the field is normally 150 strong at best.  So i improve my racing ability but because there was no timing i am forced to race the bigger events in what cat then?  Let say i am good enough to race with most the current vets, i won't be afforded that opportunity now?[/quote']

Well.......isn't it the way it is at the moment??????

Nope!!  Anyone could license as a vet and when racing in the bigger races, regardless of your ability you were seeded in the vets cat.  The only time that has not happened is in the Argus and 94.7 where they have minimum seeding requirement of 9 or 10 (i think?) 

The way i understand it from what i have read on the hub is that Andrew McLean will now be racing against Jaco Feirera, am i correct? 

The news I've received through my club is that CSA is doing away with the Recreational licence, and there will only be a FULL RACING LICENCE and a CYCLSPORT LICENCE.

Therefore, if you don't want to get a licence, you can always go the DAY-LICENCE route, at R35 (don't quote me) each time. However there is a limit on the number of day licences one can get (= more admin)

As for the RANKING of riders, let's wait and see.

Nope!!  Anyone could license as a vet and when racing in the bigger races' date=' regardless of your ability you were seeded in the vets cat.  The only time that has not happened is in the Argus and 94.7 where they have minimum seeding requirement of 9 or 10 (i think?) [/quote']

Bakwena will also implement the minimum seeding thing....and most big races do to keep the licensed groups small.

But yes.....in future you will have to WORK and support the big races in order to ride with the fast boys.  Big%20smile

The way i understand it from what i have read on the hub is that Andrew McLean will now be racing against Jaco Feirera' date=' am i correct? 
[/quote']

Correct....well....that is the idea......

He supported the races and worked hard in the race to get a good seeding and should ride with guys with the same?  Big%20smile ability.

Make sense?