what energy drink do you use?

Zula

Some feedback would be appreciated,

Of late Ive been using the USN cytomax energy drink which has been fine, only thing is the grape flavour aint so shweet at 6am!

What energy drink would you recommend? And also do you take a post ride recovery drink, as well as a pre ride drink??

Thanks!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Agteros

During the ride: either Energade - lime flavour, or Replenish Overdrive - naartjie flavour

Post ride I drink either a super M milk (prefer chocolate)  or a milkshake - any flavour - lime, chocolate, vanilla

Noche, I've posted about this before, and in doing so I'm trying to save you some money. Personally, for training Game will sort you. Its about R40 a tin and for most of your training needs will do the job, same as its done for thousands and thousands of runners for years and years. The other stuff is too expensive to use on your ordinary training ride, unless its shortish ride and you use water.

Post ride- longish ones- I use FiT chocolate Duratrain, with an extra helping of Milo, half water half milk, slightly chilled to the point of ice forming. Now this stuff is so delicious it makes the pain worthwhile!

Then FiT for the occasional long training rides- its not cloyingly sweet, and it will satisfy your need to spend some money on expensive stuff.

And I have in interest in these products because I work for a sugar factory and some of my sugar probably ends up in these products.Big%20smile 

Noche' date=' I've posted about this before, and in doing so I'm trying to save you some money. Personally, for training Game will sort you. Its about R40 a tin and for most of your training needs will do the job, same as its done for thousands and thousands of runners for years and years. The other stuff is too expensive to use on your ordinary training ride, unless its shortish ride and you use water.

?

Post ride- longish ones- I use FiT chocolate Duratrain, with an extra helping of Milo, half water half milk, slightly chilled to the point of ice forming. Now this stuff is so delicious it makes the pain worthwhile!

Then FiT for the occasional long training rides- its not cloyingly sweet, and it will satisfy your need to spend some?money on expensive stuff.

?

And I have in interest in these products?because I work for a sugar factory and some of my sugar probably ends up in these products.Big%20smile?
[/quote']

Thanks Yang! Gonna go get me some game :)

Good onya Noche- normally find it at PnP, not Shoprite. Melon is surprisingly nice but if you get it put it in a non-see thru bottle because its a weird green colour, and people look at you funny when they see it.LOL

I also drink GAME. I take a 750ml Game + 500ml water. Works like a charm for me and it isn't as sweet as Energade or Powerade.

Agree with yang on the FiT products. That stuff is magic.

Powerade concentrate is ok,and throw in some gel for raceday..cytopower doesnt agree with me

Bushmaster2009-11-09 11:11:02

Noche' date=' I've posted about this before, and in doing so I'm trying to save you some money. Personally, for training Game will sort you. Its about R40 a tin and for most of your training needs will do the job, same as its done for thousands and thousands of runners for years and years. The other stuff is too expensive to use on your ordinary training ride, unless its shortish ride and you use water.

Then FiT for the occasional long training rides- its not cloyingly sweet, and it will satisfy your need to spend some money on expensive stuff.

And I have in interest in these products because I work for a sugar factory and some of my sugar probably ends up in these products.Big%20smile 
[/quote']

Just a question. Isn't Duratrain for recovery?

I think Carbotrain would be more appropriate for your long rides. On the website the show how to mix it for very long and longer rides.

Some feedback would be appreciated' date='

Of late Ive been using the USN cytomax energy drink which has been fine, only thing is the grape flavour aint so shweet at 6am!

What energy drink would you recommend? And also do you take a post ride recovery drink, as well as a pre ride drink??

Thanks![/quote']

pre race - energade/powerade/usn

during - Biogen Cytogen & gels

After - Biogen L - Glutamin

Cytomax made by Cytosport. I cramp on everything else. Also works out to about R10 a litre which isn't to bad.

Hi Noche, USN have just launched a totally revamped range of endurance products. The new Cytopower contains Virtago which is a combination of high and intermidiate glycaemic index carbs which promotes recovery, performance and tolerance. It also has L-glutamine and L-Tyrosine which help you recover whilst you ride. The new recovermax is also an awsome product (tropical is unreal!) with 20g whey protein and also has virtago. I speek from expieriance as im using these products and my performance has just improved week after week.

Im not trying to bull@#%* you but im just sharing with you what ive been using and it works!

my performance has just improved week after week.

did you also train?

couldbe that you know?!Confused

USN Cytomax?  USN is a different brand to Cytomax.  Cytomax is definitely the best.  Nice thing about it as well is that you can mix according to taste - so not too sweet at 5am!  plus the Muscle Milk recovery is awesome, as well as their gels!