94.7 Expo

The Pirate

Some nive Cannondales on show! Also specials on 10-packs GUI from Sportsman warehouse, ?and a stall with a good range of First Ascent clothing. Otherwise its quite cramped there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Where is the food stalls and celebs ?"

?

Umm not at this cycle expo tho' you can get some food upstairs. Celebrity in SA is a helluva relative term in SA; but if it keeps you happy me' date=' Scotty and Holy Roller will be passing through at some point I'm sure and will be available for photos and autograph signing.

?
[/quote']

the holy, lowly & scotty show smiley2.gif

To say that the expo and goody bags are not important because the race is the main event, is like saying its okay to have a paint can as a seat in your car cos you can still drive and thats the main thing.!

It is important.

The expo, the goody bag, the ease of parking, access etc is all part of the overall experience. Nothing exists in isolation.

For me, the experience wasnt that great and I left in a bit of a bad mood, maybe my sugar was low or something, cos I felt better after I chomped all the jelly babies.!

porky2009-11-13 00:48:25

Oh for heavens sake, this whining is unbelievable.

I got there after 2, I didnt have to wait in line, went straight to the counter marked with my group, was helped by a friendly gentleman, took all of 30 seconds.

Then wandered around the maze, nice that they consolidated it all into one room, nice close atmosphere of all the vendors competeing for our rands.

got to try some slick sunnies, looked at some very expensive bikes, looked at some REALLY pretty girls, (addidas stand stands out, forgive the pun...)

all in all was an enjoyable break from the humdrum weekly routine.

Goodie bag was fine too, at least no tiny white socks, or those stupid standup female peepee thingys...

Oh for heavens sake' date=' this whining is unbelievable.I got there after 2, I didnt have to wait in line, went straight to the counter marked with my group, was helped by a friendly gentleman, took all of 30 seconds.Then wandered around the maze, nice that they consolidated it all into one room, nice close atmosphere of all the vendors competeing for our rands.got to try some slick sunnies, looked at some very expensive bikes, looked at some REALLY pretty girls, (addidas stand stands out, forgive the pun...)all in all was an enjoyable break from the humdrum weekly routine.Goodie bag was fine too, at least no tiny white socks, or those stupid standup female peepee thingys...

[/quote']

Rude, why are spoiling our whining fun? Don't you know thats what us South Africans are good at???

I do agree with the goody bag though. At least you got one... There was NO goody bag for the Bakwena... And I'm yet to see my towel from the Telkom Classic.

Plus goody bags are over rated. they're like those useless lucky packets we used to spent our 20c pocket money on. They're full of useless, cheep, doff, stuff.

I was quite impressed at the organisation of the Expo.

Standing in line to do my reseed, a guy walked down the line and checked that every single person was in the right line and had the right forms etc.

He was back a few minutes later as soon as the queue had some new members.

Got my reseed too. They were very helpful and friendly despite having done some very hard work.

Was chuffed to meet Riaan Manser and have a chat to him about his journey. The rest was pretty much no better or worse than usual. The R10 bombs were a win.

I parked in Sandton, walked across, walked, was directed to the collection stands. I had to make three different collections at different points - 2 road and one MTB.  took less than 6 minutes for all three. All stuff correct and everyone very helpful and smiling.

Expo is less than last year, but all in all good.  Pinarello Dogma x 2 (Damn, it's weight - or rather lack of it is AWESOME!!Approve) ...and then of course there's the Cannondale...and the new SRAM Red in demo.  Got good pricing for my stuff at Solomons  (they have a huge stand every year), but the tills were ringing wherever I went.

All in all, it was lekka and smooth (on the eyes as well), and a beer afterwards at Mandela square was just what was needed.

And then of course you pay R7 for (unlimited) 3hr parking at Sandton square. They have this paypoints just before you exit the Expo - this is a great (new)idea!Clap

Traffic back to Pretoria was bad...should have taken that Pinarello and cycled back Wink

Hey Summit! Good meeting you today! Can't wait for the set up tomorrow!

Cool, hope you benefit from it, sadly I will miss you there as I am off to do the MTB race, enjoy smiley4.gif

Oh for heavens sake' date=' this whining is unbelievable.

I got there after 2, I didnt have to wait in line, went straight to the counter marked with my group, was helped by a friendly gentleman, took all of 30 seconds.

Then wandered around the maze, nice that they consolidated it all into one room, nice close atmosphere of all the vendors competeing for our rands.

got to try some slick sunnies, looked at some very expensive bikes, looked at some REALLY pretty girls, (addidas stand stands out, forgive the pun...)

all in all was an enjoyable break from the humdrum weekly routine.

Goodie bag was fine too, at least no tiny white socks, or those stupid standup female peepee thingys...

[/quote']

We also had no problems today at the expo. Number collection went smooth with lost of friendly people around to help.

Even the children enjoyed it, they got some "tatoos" from the Addidas girls and the netcare ladies painted helicopters on their arms :)