Giro st 12

Christie

SPLENDID STAGE !!

All I can say is its a good thing **cough,cough** ...AHEM.. that Di Luca cant climb.......**cough,cough** otherwise I shudder to think how far up he would be now in GC.Big%20smile

I think Cunego, had a bit of a bonk, at the top of the Izoard he was grabbing food and coke and then seemed to recover a bit - but a gutsy performance.

As usual Simoni and Di Luca were spectacular, they undoubtably drove the break and were the strongest there.

I think Simoni and Di Luca will form an alliance to get rid of Cunego - they both worked hard and deserved the time gaps.

I think Popo will be looking for a new team next year, he was given no support and Rubiera slowed down before the mountains even started loosing 10 minutes - its a joke - Popo is a class act and with some support he could have stayed in the race, now he may as well go home.

Soon we will be hearing from Discoverys two media lackies (the two Ps) how they are struggeling to come to terms with life without LA  - Rubbish, apart from Popo, they have been sleeping late and following the Ullrich diet.

Piepoli was also impressive, he rode on the front for ages and pulled the bunch - thats a pedigreed climber, not miserable Danielson, who pops off after 200metres.Dead

BRAVO Di Luca BRAVO Simoni BRAVO Giro.!!!   
widget2007-05-25 02:05:23

Crux' date=' I agree, that dale of the Killer looks nice, but that Addict of Simoni with the new Sram Red on..... yummy. Struggle to see how that bike is within the weight limit

[/quote']

It would be too shabby for Sram if they could win a grand tour in their first year.

It would be too shabby for Sram if they could win a grand tour in their first year.

If that would be too shabby, what the hell do the have as a target for this yearConfused

Piepoli very impressive pacing the whole bunch off his wheel on first climb,except for top 5.Rico not bad either and if he can stay with Piepoli and Simoni next time they will be in a good position to force the hand of the other teams.

How did you like Van Huffel's fall?He can be glad it was on the mountain side and not the cliff side!!

No live coverage on Saturday on RAI.Cant find Sunday's schedule.Any one knows?That's a killer stage!

Piepoli very impressive pacing the whole bunch off his wheel on first climb' date='except for top 5.Rico not bad either and if he can stay with Piepoli and Simoni next time they will be in a good position to force the hand of the other teams.

How did you like Van Huffel's fall?He can be glad it was on the mountain side and not the cliff side!!

No live coverage on Saturday on RAI.Cant find Sunday's schedule.Any one knows?That's a killer stage!
[/quote']

Yes, Van Huffel and Arroyo tangled wheels, as you say lucky.

Arroyo is a big threat to overall I think, he has been allowed to get into breaks and (ala Perreiro in 2006) he is now chasing pink.

He is an excellant climber as well (as demonstrated yesterday) and had he not fallen, could very well have been in pink.

I think it is time Simoni & Saunier start to worry about Di Luca. He looked extremely comfortable, and the way he could attack hard repeatedly was impressive. The climb at the finish was 10% gradient, and Simoni could not outclimb him, although he tried his best.

Cunego still ahead of Simoni on the GC he had a gutsy ride yesterday. Will be interesting to see what happens to the GC today. Will Simoni gain time on Di Luca? Will Cunego have legs for the hilclimb? 

I agree with Widget, the other contenders must be relieved that Di Luca cant climb Wink. Or imagine if he had a light bike like the Simoni's LOL

Does anyone know what time the stage starts in the Giro today? Also I have only found it broadcast on RAI and my Italian is non existent, is there any other station braodcasting the race?

Does anyone know what time the stage starts in the Giro today? Also I have only found it broadcast on RAI and my Italian is non existent' date=' is there any other station braodcasting the race?[/quote']

Visually, the only TV channel is RAI - SS has 20 minutes of highlights amongst 15 minutes of  "self advertising" around 9.30pm but its a pathetic effort - I dont even bother.

I enjoy the Italian commentary, even though I do understand a bit (not much) their enthusiasm and excitement and the constant "attention, attention" Big%20smile whenever something happens just makes the race that much more enjoyable.

Somehow I dont think there is coverage today on RAI, I may be wrong but its not advertised - however it IS an Italian TV station so things do change without notice, and time frames are only important when its to do with "allowing the wine to breathe"Big%20smile - so, probably best to just switch over and check occassionally from around 3pm.

Does anyone know what time the stage starts in the Giro today? Also I have only found it broadcast on RAI and my Italian is non existent' date=' is there any other station braodcasting the race?[/quote']

Visually, the only TV channel is RAI - SS has 20 minutes of highlights amongst 15 minutes of  "self advertising" around 9.30pm but its a pathetic effort - I dont even bother.

I enjoy the Italian commentary, even though I do understand a bit (not much) their enthusiasm and excitement and the constant "attention, attention" Big%20smile whenever something happens just makes the race that much more enjoyable.

Somehow I dont think there is coverage today on RAI, I may be wrong but its not advertised - however it IS an Italian TV station so things do change without notice, and time frames are only important when its to do with "allowing the wine to breathe"Big%20smile - so, probably best to just switch over and check occassionally from around 3pm.

Hey Widget - did you wave good bye to Popo Wink

Still - your boy Di Luca is enjoying his last few days in pink - wait until Wednesday (when Gibo rides 5 mins into him on the Zoncolan)