EXPO Stand 29. Min Pray, on pavement, End of Ride

Guest Frail4Life

Guest Frail4Life

Hello Hubbers.

How is your response to a One Min Pray on the pavement at any Main intersection at the End of your ride/ commute?

Lets say for a week.

Stop at the End of your ride, Stand on pavement at a Main intersection and give a Pray to those who have suffered on our Roads, Cyclists death and tragedies.

Please post your feelings and comments.

David   

frail2010-03-10 16:51:12

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David I dont see the point of praing for people already passed away.? Do you meen for those Affected by the deaths? Or for the safety of the cyclists?

I would rather Pray for a divine meeting with a fellow cyclist hat could lead to their salvationWink

Stay safe bud.

Guest Frail4Life

David I dont see the point of praing for people already passed away.? Do you meen for those Affected by the deaths? Or for the safety of the cyclists?

I would rather Pray for a divine meeting with a fellow cyclist hat could lead to their salvationWink

Stay safe bud.

If you were to Pray for those affected by the death, family. It may just also save a cyclist.

Awareness to motorists and cyclist.

David

Guest Frail4Life

please post all known family names of those that have passed away.

maybe not to you, but to me public displays of piety look egotistical. I think ur god prefers the stuff done where only 'he' can see.

i could be wrong tho' it's tuff to b definitive on these things.

Hello Hubbers.

How is your response to a One Min Pray on the pavement at any Main intersection at the End of your ride/ commute?

Lets say for a week.
Stop at the End of your ride' date=' Stand on pavement at a Main intersection and give a Pray to those who have suffered on our Roads, Cyclists death and tragedies.

Please post your feelings and comments.

David   
[/quote']

If you want to pray I suggest doing it BEFORE the ride.

Guest Frail4Life

Hello Hubbers. How is your response to a One Min Pray on the pavement at any Main intersection at the End of your ride/ commute? Lets say for a week. Stop at the End of your ride' date=' Stand on pavement at a Main intersection and give a Pray to those who have suffered on our Roads, Cyclists death and tragedies. Please post your feelings and comments. David    [/quote']

?

If you want to pray I suggest doing it BEFORE the ride.

?

?

It is also about awareness, the public to see you stop and pull over.

I pray before and after for my own safety, but this is about trying to gain the awareness from the motorist as a road user.

I am praying that my actions may in the least save one cyclist.

David

I wonder if it takes less than a minute to be mugged at a busy intersection whilst bowing ones head in prayer? (of course I speak for Joburg here)

Just a thought. It's a noble suggestion but maybe not so wise.

maybe not to you' date=' but to me public displays of piety look egotistical. I think ur god prefers the stuff done where only 'he' can see.

[/quote']

Right you are... Clap 

My 2 cents: If your god prevents you from crashing just because you said a prayer before your ride, he's not a very nice guy... But hey - what do I know?

Good suggestion David. I pray before and after every ride, but all our good friendly actions all the time is what is needed to change things. Everything is based on relationship.

maybe not to you' date=' but to me public displays of piety look egotistical. I think ur god prefers the stuff done where only 'he' can see.

[/quote']

Right you are... Clap 

My 2 cents: If your god prevents you from crashing just because you said a prayer before your ride, he's not a very nice guy... But hey - what do I know?

We are all God' creations and His children. He loves all of us the same and cares for us all the same. Try Him, He loves you more than you think!

If it is about raising awareness how about organising a mass ride to the Union buildings with a signed memorandum and/or petition or perhaps one can be more drastic and hold up morning traffic with a few thousand cyclists and a symbolic cross for each cyclist that have been knocked over. 

We need more safe roads...has anyone seen the amazing dedicated roads (miles and miles of it) in Australia...was amazing to see what they have done over there...its time something is done!!!

Guest Frail4Life

I hear you Blue Max. I am busy with different angles. I aim to make cycling safer and more respected in 2010. David

cynical in the extreme!  all these posts in response to frail's post. man - life is cheap it seems.  and so is sentiment.  and so a noble idea is torn to shreds.  why not just do the action?  stop at a robot and remember the past/present/future. and let each one's higher power of their undestanding protect them on thepre/present/future ride.. or not.. be it as it may.  but a collective conciousness is a powerfull thing.  believe it. or not...  like where you at frail.

I, for one, was not trying to be cynical. I just think that discussing issues of faith in a public forum is, simply put, POINTLESS. I am not judging anyone's persuasions. I am sure that if I stated mine, I would get fifteen billion people telling me that I will end up burning in hell.

I do see that frail's idea is noble  in principle, and agree with firewolf that spending a thought on things is a good idea. But do not try to convince people to pray or speak to some deity. Let that be every man's choice. Discussions about the value of prayer WILL turn into some massive argument. Cynics hate the faithful and vice-versa. My response: just don't open the religious can of worms.

Advocating safety is another story. Clap That is something I'd support fully. I, for one, will not rely on a prayer to enure that I don't hit a tree when I fly down a single track, and I'd appreciate if nobody tries to convince me that I should.

None of this is said cynically or agressively. Let there be peace on earth and merry new year and many avocados to you all... Happy cycling Tongue