Road vs Mountain Bike

BlueMax

Which kind of cycling do you do - MTB or road (road bike)?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Which kind of cycling do you do - MTB or road (road bike)?

• Road
    • MTB
    • Both

Trying to see if MTB has now overtaken Road riding in popularity like some guys are suggesting - hoping the hub will represent a good sample??

BlueMax2009-12-27 09:59:11

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to see if MTB has now overtaken Road riding in popularity like some guys are suggesting - hoping the hub will represent a good sample?

Yup, it's a well-known fact that Hub polls are the last word in statistical accuracy & scientific divination of the cycling community's deepst thoughts and attitudes.

What' more, this thread has only a 0.00034% chance of degenerating into a massive bitchfest between the two groups.

now here is something that is very, very interesting... I am also thinking that the majority of hubbers are mtb'rs.  don't even know if that is the correct term cause I am a roadie but do have full respect for all on two wheels.  so is majority of hubbers are mtb'rs then mtb must be more popular? or the hub is more popoular with mtb'rs?  good question Bluemax.  will follow this one too.

there is no competition to be honest road will always have a special place in my heart as my first love but it does get boring and it is very repetitive so my vote goes to MTB for the fun aspect seeing as the same trail changes every day no matter how much you ride it

i disagree about there being any superiority one over the other. Only the bitches will make this a bitchfest.

Each to their own. MTB for me though smiley2.gif

if you have only one bike, then MTB can do both road and dirt.

Seems like this comes and goes in waves, though .... about 15 years ago when the argus first started bursting out of control, more people owned mountain bikes - my perception, anyway - everyone in my riding group had mountain bikes at the time, we had slicks on for january and feb, and as soon as argus was over, put the knobblies back on - might have had something to do with the fact taht i was in georger at the time, though

later everyone seemed to want to go faster and at some stage i bought a roadie bike too, to be able to stay with the training-group .... when i joined the hub ages ago, my perception was that there were more roadies

then everyone got scared of tar (i know i did) and rediscovered dirt.

I think because mountain bikes are more comfortable to ride for the average person, more people buy mountain bikes. Then it stands to reason that more people will do MTBing. I think MTBing is also more social...going slower...more time to chat, but take nothin away from those that race. I'm a roadie but have just started MTBing...it's tough...full respect for the technical difficulty. 

Guest Frail4Life

if you have only one bike' date=' then MTB can do both road and dirt.[/quote']

I have used a road bike doing off ROAD. Not just a dirt road.

I still stick to my Road bike.

mikkelz u r an expert at answering by not answering. respect. 

It's really not that difficult to understand.

Mountain biking is for people who want to sit around, beat drums and hold hands while singing around a bonfire.

Road is for us folks who are so up our own @rse's that all we care about is racing one another to the top of any and every hill.

Truth be told, Mountain bikers dream of being roadies...roadies dream of being 'better roadies'....

(Please, please please see the humour in this post)