Longest time on IDT ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I once did 4 hours on the indoor trainer, although that was back when I was still an U16. I don't sport the same stupidity and dedication nowadays.

4 hours, 7 hours, hell people, you must have lost it completely. Was this steady pace? Because that I'll never do on the IDT. Intervals and varying cadence helps the time go by, but sitting there pedalling and pedalling... and pedalling...Dead  I'm getting bored just follOwing this topic.

4 hours' date=' 7 hours, hell people, you must have lost it completely. Was this steady pace? Because that I'll never do on the IDT. Intervals and varying cadence helps the time go by, but sitting there pedalling and pedalling... and pedalling...Dead  I'm getting bored just follOwing this topic.[/quote']

cervelo the 7h ride Marius refers to, was a simulation of the 200km Double Century route on an indoor trainer hooked up to a PC.  OK agreed, the scenery stayed the same, but the route profile changes all the time which makes it far from boring.

Guest Michelle

I'm doing 90 minutes this afternoon - no intervals LOL

No, was not Steady pace for us, it was a DC Route Sim, so that kept it interesting..

the worst part of it all was actually not the 7h24.19s on the bike, it was having to listen to MW's home made Bump CD's Mixes!!! That was Forking hard dudes!!!!OuchDead

Guest Michelle

Oh... forgot to mention.. I have one of those gel covers for my saddle when I'm on the indoor trainer.  Makes things a bit more comfortable. 

narra' date=', daai ding kook nou, was kabel fout, nuwe fly lead, sorted . im Sooooo HAPPY.

[/quote']

SlowJoe, bly om te hoor alles is klop-diselboom :) Het toe vir my die Fortius gekoop en ek is ook gelukkig, maar het nog twee keer gery, gaan vanaand weer darem so 43 km ry.

I'm doing 90 minutes this afternoon - no intervals LOL

enjoy, but beware, you might not train yourself to death, but may bore yourself to death

Guest Michelle
cervelo: That's quite possible... Monday an hour on the IDT, Tuesday an hour on the IDT, Wednesday an hour on the IDT... Thursday..woohoo, something different!  90 minutes on the IDT Dead  Winter sucks!