2008 Trek Madone

gummibear

What about the Bontrager brakes.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/features/trek_madone_launch07/Bontrager_Speed_Limit_brakes.jpg

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/features/trek_madone_launch07/Bontrager_Speed_Limit_linkage_detail.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its bee-a-utiful. (a little like a 3 year old kuota/orca, but beautiful none the less)

Good bye to the boring old treks/madones of yesteryear!

Its good to see Trek joining that other backward American cycling manufacturer and ditching last decades technology to try and match (maybe even beat) the korean/taiwanese cutting edge stuff.

I think its bee-a-utiful. (a little like a 3 year old kuota/orca' date=' but beautiful none the less)

Good bye to the boring old treks/madones of yesteryear!

Its good to see Trek joining that other backward American cycling manufacturer and ditching last decades technology to try and match (maybe even beat) the korean/taiwanese cutting edge stuff.
[/quote']

ConfusedConfusedSo you saying straight tube technology is backwards .....Like Trek,Pinarello Colnago,Litespeed etc!!ConfusedConfused

Not necessarilly, just that any company that will stick with a certain technology unflinchingly is backward!,

be it a geometry, a way of joining tubes, a frame material or a choice of groupsets.

Not necessarilly' date=' just that any company that will stick with a certain technology unflinchingly is backward!,

be it a geometry, a way of joining tubes, a frame material or a choice of groupsets.
[/quote']

Sorry Gumpole . I disagree.

Imagine buying a new car and every year they change the model!!! How much testing and improvements can they really make in a year?

Yes The Old Madones came out at the 2003 tour and there shape hasnt changed till now , but there carbon technology has been improving almost every year.

Dont for 1 minute think the Trek engineers have been sitting back for the last 4 years watching sales go up or down. Theyve been busy!!!! as we can see.

Yes the old Treks look a bit old school . but when it come to quality and performace theyve been matching all the other top Bling brands.Wink

101%2007-06-08 02:03:46

Guest Michelle

Hey... my Madone still looks bling Tongue

Must admit though... I'm getting the urge to spend some money on something bike related LOL

Guest Michelle
101%: Do you think you could get a price for me on those new Bontrager brakes & stem when they come out Big%20smile

Hey... my Madone still looks bling Tongue

Must admit though... I'm getting the urge to spend some money on something bike related LOL

Start saving!!! The blue one will be here by year end!!!Wink

Guest Michelle

101%: When do you get yours?  I assume you'll be getting the blue!  I guess I could always wait till you upgrade that one... should only be 3 to 4 months LOL  Don't you think a 51cm would fit you better? Wink

I reckon the only problem with my WSD frame is going to be trying to sell it!!  I'd definitely go for a standard frame next time Pinch

Not necessarilly' date=' just that any company that will stick with a certain technology unflinchingly is backward!,

[/quote']

Imagine buying a new car and every year they change the model!!! How much testing and improvements can they really make in a year?

Yes The Old Madones came out at the 2003 tour and there shape hasnt changed till now , but there carbon technology has been improving almost every year.

Dont for 1 minute think the Trek engineers have been sitting back for the last 4 years watching sales go up or down. Theyve been busy!!!! as we can see.

Yes the old Treks look a bit old school . but when it come to quality and performace theyve been matching all the other top Bling brands.Wink

fair enough. I was trying to have a dig at the 'dale fans but I think they are all asleep still (or riding?) Wink

fair enough. I was trying to have a dig at the 'dale fans but I think they are all asleep still (or riding?) Wink

What are you talking about? Cannondale perfected designs 5 years ago where most big brands are only researching it today. They are already on the designs for the next 10 years.

[/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOL"Dig at the dale Fans"!!!!! You brave !!!! on this site thats like starting world war 3!!!LOLLOLLOL

Off GrahamWatson.com Looks like Disco are riding them in the Dauphine. See the cabling for the rear brakes runs through the top tube... kinda like the Soloist, very neat Clap and a pretty funky colour.

http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/images/07dauphineSt1/$file/6.jpg

Off GrahamWatson.com Looks like Disco are riding them in the Dauphine. See the cabling for the rear brakes runs through the top tube... kinda like the Soloist' date=' very neat Clap and a pretty funky colour.

[/quote']

It does look good, even from the President of the anti-Trek Club.

Off GrahamWatson.com Looks like Disco are riding them in the Dauphine. See the cabling for the rear brakes runs through the top tube... kinda like the Soloist' date=' very neat Clap and a pretty funky colour.

[/quote']

It does look good, even from the President of the anti-Trek Club.

Weird....he rides with his watch on? Personally I do not so I just picked it up and it is only my personal opinion.Wink