Fo you can't do without on a ride

MTBjunky

At the end of the day' date=' Darren, the biggest issue is not what you eat but that you eat continuously.

That's my rule, I stick to it off and on the bicycle! and that's also why I need to get on the bicycle...[/quote']

LOL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say if I train for two hours , i get my energy from water alone and then eat when I get home.

At the end of the day' date=' Darren, the biggest issue is not what you eat but that you eat continuously.

That's my rule, I stick to it off and on the bicycle! and that's also why I need to get on the bicycle...[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL

do you pronouncy your name squealer?

Matches you say Apples? I chowed to many apples at 24 hours of Wiesenhoff last year.. The poor riders following me up the singletrack! ofcourse I was riding with an Ipod that time, so it didnt bother me.

My favourites are:

Bananabread

Pizza (and the other riders always envey me for It)

Bananas ( but by the time you need them you have to drink them like a Gu and thats juggy)

Cytomax

Raisins

Last resort annything the guys have at the waterstation, eat the cups If you are really hungry

I must say if I train for two hours ' date=' i get my energy from water alone and then eat when I get home.

[/quote']

Stanley Meyer, is that you?

See you have that whole electrolyses thing working again there

........ getting energy from water......

I must say if I train for two hours ' date=' i get my energy from water alone and then eat when I get home.

[/quote']

I agree... Under two hours, water. Longer than 2 hours, that homemade csc juice stuff, and fruitcake/bananas...

I've always used powerade with water in the second bottle, GU gels and Fast Fuels bars when racing/long training rides. oats, banana and jogurt before a race

/long ride.

When doing short training rides I go for water and bar, with a banana before hand.  The glycogen stores seem to be enough to handle it. 

Have now started using octane instead of powerade and then re-ignite for recovery and fusion for carbo loading/meal replacement, so I'll see how these work.

VERY impressed with the reignite sofar, feel great after hard riding, better than before when I didn't use a recovery drink. 

But I maily do shorter distances so obviously over 3 hours sandwiches, patatoes etc come into play as the sweet drinks and gels get too much and sweet to swallow.

Anyboduy using USN products. Cyto(something or the vooma)

Me.

Cytopower and Vooma

Why?

Because I can and it works for me.

I can't do the gooey stuffs....so I use marshmallows. It does the same thing as all those fancy gu's out there.

OK DirtGirl...WHERE do you stash these marsmallows???

I'm sure the guys will all want to knoow....EmbarrassedWink

Shorter rides up to 2.5 hrs = apples or two

Longer rides of 3 hr + = peanut butter sandwich or ham & cheese sandwhich

smiley2.gif

Hey I am not being funny when I ask this but it is very hard to believe that a drink can provide as many calories as is needed for those events. People will most certainly bonk on fluids alone. Can you look at the label and tell me what the max calorie mix is for a high concetrate formula?

Take a look here: http://www.infinitnutrition.co.za/.

This has been used by many top ironman athletes and is used by Joe Friel and Mark Allen. Spoken to Paul Wolff (Race Director from IMSA) who uses it and he swears by it.

Also works out cheaper than buying gels and bars.

The calcs show a max calorie rating of 366Cal per serving. That means you will need at least 2 servings per hour for an average person and 3 per hour if you are racing at Paul's level. SO that means at Paul's pace he will need 3 bottles per lap which means a stop every lap. It also means he will be running on a very full stomach of water for the last 3 hours of the marathon. That is just not feasible. I strongly doubt he uses only this fluid. There is no way you can race an Ironman on this stuff alone.

May be a great product and I am sure he does endorse it, I just think it needs more of a calorie backup.

FIT - Carbo Supreme, Bananas & Baby Potatoes rolled in Olive Oil & Salt. Never let me down......

I've always used powerade with water in the second bottle' date=' GU gels and Fast Fuels bars when racing/long training rides. oats, banana and jogurt before a race

/long ride.

When doing short training rides I go for water and bar, with a banana before hand.  The glycogen stores seem to be enough to handle it. 

Have now started using octane instead of powerade and then re-ignite for recovery and fusion for carbo loading/meal replacement, so I'll see how these work.

VERY impressed with the reignite sofar, feel great after hard riding, better than before when I didn't use a recovery drink. 

But I maily do shorter distances so obviously over 3 hours sandwiches, patatoes etc come into play as the sweet drinks and gels get too much and sweet to swallow.
[/quote']

3 products ..... no offense weight weenie - I have read the stuff on the PVM bottle - and the rep in our area should actually be shot. Wait you cant shoot anyone who is not around !! I used to support them. But its easier to register on myrace than what it is to find PVM products.

Anyhow after my rant, you are taking three different products. Why? If you  eat correctly you wont need all those products! Octane is plenty enough !

FIT - Carbo Supreme, Bananas & Baby Potatoes rolled in Olive Oil & Salt. Never let me down......[/quote']

good one.

my mouths watering for the potatoes right now!