cradle route

chucky

Cradle' date=' sorry man, just trying to be neutral, but I can see that you really have a strong distaste for cyclists.

How often do you encounter bad cyclists?

[/quote']

Slowbee

A few things

I cycle 2 or 3 times a week. I also ride a bike. I never have a problem, cause i dont go looking for trouble.

If you read the thread with the photos, you will see what we deal with. The question is if this was happening at your house, would you be happy.

The effort has come from OUR side to sort the problem out, starting about 3 years ago and a lot of promises were made and nothing ever happenend.

After spending some time on your forum engaging with cyclysts , my point of view is I / we know why we are not coming right and now the we must push for the law to be applied. Hubbers can give many interpretations on the act to suit there own needs. Bottom line is at the teak meeting metro made it crystal clear, single file and the only place you can ride 2 abreast is in a dedicated cycle lane. If there is a cycle lane, irrespective of the condition, the law says a vechicle can not ride in the lane and a bicycle can not ride in the road. Lets put pressure on the metro and the cpf.

So as a "cyclist" you lump yourself in with us. If you were able to ban cycling there, you wouldn't be able to do it yourself.

Like a lot of us you also adhere to the rules of the road and keep left and in singlefile. Some cyclists don't.

Also as some car drivers stick to the speed limit and others don't.

Once again active policing by a third party aka police, metro, etc. is the way to sort this out. It is not up to you to decide who is right and wrong and to punish or intimidate, as in the case of Mr. X.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycysts do bring business' date=' but not as much as they make out

Most cyclysts ride in and ride out and MAYBE have a breakfast[/quote']

But you forget how many of us bring our families to the area when we are not cycling - I personally took the family to the Cradle Restuarant and the Lion and Rhino Park over Christmas, as well as visiting Teaks place.

So the cyclists (when they're on their bikes) may not bring much business in to the area (usually between 06:30 and 09:30 on a Saturday and Sunday), but I wouldn't underestimate the amount they bring in with their families, and recommendations to friends, when they are not on their bikes!

Many times, when I'm on my bike, do I see something and think 'I must go back to visit that'.

Maybe we (cyclists) should somehow communicate to the businesses in the area that the residents are threatening their (the businesses) incomes.

Why you threatening to do this now. You have allready posted cradle trout and Brookwood.  I know which way these guys are going to vote.

But now the Taxi driver threats. We can behave badly and if u dont like it we are going post the names of your business on the web and then maybe spam your business , post your wifes details on the web, send u lawyers letters and the list goes on. Oh and yes please make us welcome in the cradle.

You are your own worst enemy. Anyway if the law was forced then there would be no problems and we can all live happly. Anyway why are u worried. Go cycle and behave badly somewhere else. Talking about all this pull you have. You not as famous and loved as you think. Talk about cyclysts at any dinner party, check out some of the fb groups and then maybe reality will hit.

two people who, in my opinion, shouldn't be entitled to this "vote" you talk off. from their comments (one published and the other reported), they should be in jail.

Oh the famous Holy Roller with the pathetic avatar. I promise you no one is taking you seriously this side. Hook up with slow poke and take your "boney" for  a ride "Ek se" and just "skim" how we can make those cradle ous mal my broer. And let them just "tune" any thing and we will moer them stukkend.  Yes im sure you are going to bring millions to the cradle.

cradle I can see from your posts that you are a smart person. I am sure you are able to filter the waffle from the good stuff posted here. Most importantly - the post from Delgado gets to the point. There needs to be a policing element for all people (I use the words all people deliberatley)' date=' as you mentioned.

The best solution would be to have both cyclists and residents have a road block (any funds raised can pay for beer and braai). Perhaps this will get metro to pay attention.

When I used to ride in the cradle, those roads were very narrow. From your photo's I see the roads are still narrow. Maybe you could use some fund raising to improve your roads to accomodate all users. [/quote']

I can tell you that I am not going to take too kindly to some micky mouse/vigilante/illegal road block when I am driving thru to Lanseria in my 4 x 4 to catch a plane on a public road.

I will lay a charge of obstruction,intimidation and harassment and get the lot of you locked up.

About time both sides grew up and learned to get along with the rest of the world

Sorrie SB for the hijack :-)

Oh the famous Holy Roller with the pathetic avatar. I promise you no one is taking you seriously this side. Hook up with slow poke and take your "boney" for  a ride "Ek se" and just "skim" how we can make those cradle ous mal my broer. And let them just "tune" any thing and we will moer them stukkend.  Yes im sure you are going to bring millions to the cradle.
  Hmmm, see you're trying to be a special kind of prick.

I can say the same for how many ppl hate drivers. think of all the ppl that have lost thier lives due to a driver not watching what they are doing. What you are doing is saying all cyclists are the same so I dont drive I cycle or ride my bike so in my books all people that use cares are drunk drivers.

Cycysts do bring business' date=' but not as much as they make out

Most cyclysts ride in and ride out and MAYBE have a breakfast[/quote']

But you forget how many of us bring our families to the area when we are not cycling - I personally took the family to the Cradle Restuarant and the Lion and Rhino Park over Christmas, as well as visiting Teaks place.

So the cyclists (when they're on their bikes) may not bring much business in to the area (usually between 06:30 and 09:30 on a Saturday and Sunday), but I wouldn't underestimate the amount they bring in with their families, and recommendations to friends, when they are not on their bikes!

Many times, when I'm on my bike, do I see something and think 'I must go back to visit that'.

Maybe we (cyclists) should somehow communicate to the businesses in the area that the residents are threatening their (the businesses) incomes.

Why you threatening to do this now. You have allready posted cradle trout and Brookwood.  I know which way these guys are going to vote.

But now the Taxi driver threats. We can behave badly and if u dont like it we are going post the names of your business on the web and then maybe spam your business , post your wifes details on the web, send u lawyers letters and the list goes on. Oh and yes please make us welcome in the cradle.

You are your own worst enemy. Anyway if the law was forced then there would be no problems and we can all live happly. Anyway why are u worried. Go cycle and behave badly somewhere else. Talking about all this pull you have. You not as famous and loved as you think. Talk about cyclysts at any dinner party, check out some of the fb groups and then maybe reality will hit.

two people who, in my opinion, shouldn't be entitled to this "vote" you talk off. from their comments (one published and the other reported), they should be in jail.

i'm famous! gee, at last. don't why you're making this personal. and either you've been drinking or you have me confused with someone else. what boney are you talking about exactly? i've been up in the cradle quite a lot, usually with my kids in tow, to places like teak and maropeng. shall i tell them they're not welcome in the cradle because you said so?

Kransie, I would also get us locked up if I came across myself at a road block. The point is to get all the

people to work together on getting metro to pay attention. Just how

serious this is in the greater scheme of the gauteng metro I am not

sure.

Anyhow - when is the botswana ride ?

modder - i really think you need to do your thing

Frikkin moeder!!!! I second that!

Or must I report as spam?
Regard2010-01-18 05:50:05

nooooooooo HR your broke the thread .... LOL, maybe you can take anotehr one when you do the TB ...... 

this thread now qualifies for the "giving lonely old men a conversation" prize...

isn't visitation sunday over at 19h00 on Sunday's?