cradle route

chucky

Can't Admin close this topic? Arguments are being repeated' date=' with no solution to be found here. Can only be sorted out by involved parties in a face to face meeting with a facilitator present.[/quote'] Wannabe, banning things is not the way to go! I belive it's easier to ignore the post and let those wishing to participate carry on! A solution wont be found anyway as long as we Saffas don't learn to lose the aggro and learn to laugh at ourselves! We are way to hyped up and serious......??

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do ever have an AK47 shoved up your ringpiece you can buy some Stinger Cream. It will certainly help to alleviate the pain. This applies to both cyclists and residents, we do not discriminate.

If you do ever have an AK47 shoved up your ringpiece you can buy some Stinger Cream. It will certainly help to alleviate the pain. This applies to both cyclists and residents, we do not discriminate.

LOLClapNice one my son!!

seriously a sad situation.

It is known in property agent circles, that having people riding bicycles in your area can increase property values by 10 - 15%.... potential buyers see it as a good community!!! food for thought..

Trevor' date=' The forum gives you a general idea of the type of cyclyst you are dealing with. Forget it, u wont get through. Like i have always said, these guys have the same mentality as taxi drivers. As per the teak meeting, the residents wanted a solution , but not at any cost.  If cyclysts are going to make our lives a nightmare, show no respect for the law, well then the authorities have to pe pushed to take action and we must spend time and effort in this arena and not waste time with cyclyst clubs ect. All proposed events must be met with strong resistance and petitions. Who wants to ride in an area where you are unwelcome.[/quote'] With respect I don't accept with the notion "the type of cyclyst (sic) you are dealing with"!! You have never met so refrain from generalizing! I am for your consumption the first to castigate fellow cyclists that behave like prats! The materiality that you sadly are missing is that this is not purely a general cyclist phenomena but sadly a South African delusion of grandeur!! We behave simply as we please because we are not mature enough to accept that democracy comes with responsibility and accountability!

Whilst on the subject of taxi's why don't you implement similar blockades and aggresive tactics to stop them? I'm sure they utilize "your" road and are de facto also an automatic bloody nuisance?? Let me answer why! Because it is easier to address softer issues at the expense of material ones that plague lawlessness in the rainbowland. Much the same as our futile government and its policing. Secondly and most importantly it is because you do not wish to have an AK47 shoved up the ringpiece! My my how brave!

If you read the full thread you would realize that nowhere did any resident propose or plan blockades. This was from Marks side and we are still waiting for his sources. Read the thread. Amazing how things get twisted.

As to the ak47 part, maybe come spend some time here and you will see how wrong you are. and i mean really way off. Again its easy to move the spotlight. The only way to sort this out, is that Metro and the local police must become involved. This topic must come up at every cpf meeting. The general view on this forum is that Cyclysts can beahave like they want with out any recourse and demand this and that and the local community must just accept it. Well lets see.

Trevor' date=' The forum gives you a general idea of the type of cyclyst you are dealing with. Forget it, u wont get through. Like i have always said, these guys have the same mentality as taxi drivers. As per the teak meeting, the residents wanted a solution , but not at any cost.  If cyclysts are going to make our lives a nightmare, show no respect for the law, well then the authorities have to pe pushed to take action and we must spend time and effort in this arena and not waste time with cyclyst clubs ect. All proposed events must be met with strong resistance and petitions. Who wants to ride in an area where you are unwelcome.[/quote']

same mentality as taxi drivers????

Same said for you as i said to mr ples. please deactivate your account and leave. cause now you're insulting everyone on this forum

please leave this forum and deactivate your account.

thanks

Trevor' date=' The forum gives you a general idea of the type of cyclyst you are dealing with. Forget it, u wont get through. Like i have always said, these guys have the same mentality as taxi drivers. As per the teak meeting, the residents wanted a solution , but not at any cost.  If cyclysts are going to make our lives a nightmare, show no respect for the law, well then the authorities have to pe pushed to take action and we must spend time and effort in this arena and not waste time with cyclyst clubs ect. All proposed events must be met with strong resistance and petitions. Who wants to ride in an area where you are unwelcome.[/quote'] With respect I don't accept with the notion "the type of cyclyst (sic) you are dealing with"!! You have never met so refrain from generalizing! I am for your consumption the first to castigate fellow cyclists that behave like prats! The materiality that you sadly are missing is that this is not purely a general cyclist phenomena but sadly a South African delusion of grandeur!! We behave simply as we please because we are not mature enough to accept that democracy comes with responsibility and accountability!

Whilst on the subject of taxi's why don't you implement similar blockades and aggresive tactics to stop them? I'm sure they utilize "your" road and are de facto also an automatic bloody nuisance?? Let me answer why! Because it is easier to address softer issues at the expense of material ones that plague lawlessness in the rainbowland. Much the same as our futile government and its policing. Secondly and most importantly it is because you do not wish to have an AK47 shoved up the ringpiece! My my how brave!

If you read the full thread you would realize that nowhere did any resident propose or plan blockades. This was from Marks side and we are still waiting for his sources. Read the thread. Amazing how things get twisted.

As to the ak47 part, maybe come spend some time here and you will see how wrong you are. and i mean really way off. Again its easy to move the spotlight. The only way to sort this out, is that Metro and the local police must become involved. This topic must come up at every cpf meeting. The general view on this forum is that Cyclysts can beahave like they want with out any recourse and demand this and that and the local community must just accept it. Well lets see.

As I mentioned so do the taxi's and come to think of it so do many Anglo Saxons in their swish SUV's!! I don't recall a reply on how you plan to deal with the former?? Oh and I haven't demanded anything by the way.........Delgado2010-01-17 11:36:19

Good Day Nothingness. Commenting on this lawyers letter must be read together with comments made in this thread todate.

In the beginning' date=' there were 3 very experienced law abiding cyclists who apparently were nearly taken out by someone who said 'so what' telephonically, who was trying to kill them by blowing his hooter but failed in doing so with-in the speed limit, and passed them by a mere 2cm which is now 10cm, and the gap is getting larger. Mr X , the 'so what' guy, has been named and ID from whence he comes, has also been convicted along with other 'residents' (plural - is this 2 or 2000 residents, none of which have been named), who should attend a meeting, to be told what??

As we know there are 3 sides to this story (yours/ Mr X and the truth), of which we have only heard yours. So now a letter is written, based on your truth, which as per the letter says Mr X, who probably does not waste his time accessing this forum, must circulate this letter to Cradle Residents, and all are invited to attend. We may need to use the Riumsig sport arena should we disseminate notice of this meeting. Hell you going to get peoples backs up.

Mr X arrives with a whole lot of other residents as witnesses, numerous residents who have been victim to cyclist attacks, and his truth, one very long detailed lawyers letter that disputes all allegations, 'so what now'?

Point is, we have an one sided letter and a half cocked story, which must still be tested. Are you prepared to jump into the trench and fight someone else's fight based on their perception, which is their truth, or should we put this issue one side and find solutions to the bigger picture?

That why, I have said that the meeting of the 20th must discard this letter, lets these guys go fight their fight, so to remove all emotions, as opposed to stirring where we dont need it and resulting in no progress. Make sense?

My 2nd request, which you agree with! I am respectfully requesting all to re-consider their stance in these matters. I am also appealing to the vast majority of law abiding road users, and in specific those cyclists who want to enjoy to Cradle route, engage with the Cradle residents in a meaningful manner to sort out these issues and move forward. 'Are You in or Out?' Regards Trevor.

[/quote']Good day nothingness????Not only are you insulting every member on this forum, including those on your side. also every human being reading this post. please leave this forum. its not neccessary, your comments. please deactivate your account. you have overstayed your welcome by insulting everyone.

Are you refering to the writer who calls himself 'Nothingless" but then 'No.One.Knows'. Can someone who knows please help this individual. I hope you not attending the meeting. Regards Trevor

Guest Agteros

The reference was to mr ples, and the reference to the greeting to nothingness by mr pless which can only be taken as sarcastic.

Enjoy your evening homonid

The general view on this forum is that Cyclysts can beahave like they want with out any recourse and demand this and that and the local community must just accept it.

This is your view that you seem perpetuate at every opportunity and is far from the truth. Time and time again this issue comes up and you and others there try to make out cyclists as the something like anarchistic anti-christ bogeyman tokolosh. Why? Easy targets perhaps?

We are not some exclusive sub-culture, we all come for different walks of life and what we do have in common is love for the pedal-powered experience. We are not clan of warriors or a mob of thugs, although it can be said some cyclists behave like idiots some time as do some motorists. Its a homo sapien trait.

But by far the majority of cyclists are peace loving, rates & tax paying law abiding people of sound mind and body that like to exercise in the open skies and countryside that we are blessed with. The case might arise where some are inconsiderate and selfish on the road, but by far most of us are honest happy balanced people and respectful of others rights.?

Maybe what pisses you off is when you stuck at a traffic light (a fate which we as motorists share, just about every traffic light turns red in front of me) and you see cyclists pass through if its all clear. Technically this is breaking the law but for me this is the safest thing to do, in terms of getting out of range of cars. Do you feel the same way when a pedestrian crosses the road against a red light? Probably you dont even notice that, but for me its the same thing, we are closer to pedestrians in terms of road users that motor vehciles. I often share the pavements here in Jhb with pedestrians (always give them right of way) only because its much safer.

Mr Resident and Ou Ples I really think you are making a big problem out of a very small problem. Take a deep breath and count your blessings. Take stock of your priviledged existence there in the cradle of human kind. Cyclists are just normal people, and generally very nice people. ?Peace.

kosmonooit2010-01-17 12:51:40

Trevor' date=' The forum gives you a general idea of the type of cyclyst you are dealing with. Forget it, u wont get through. Like i have always said, these guys have the same mentality as taxi drivers. [/quote']

That's telling in itself of an attitude towards a solution.

As an aside, as a cyclist taxi drivers have given me far more consideration on many an occasion, than the average motorist.

To use the logic of the above statement, I could say that Cradle residents are a fascist lot. But that doesn't ring true, does it?

So don't "fuel fires" with a stupid generalisation like that, there have been a number of level headed comments on this forum and others.

As per the teak meeting' date=' the residents wanted a?solution , but not at any cost.? If cyclysts are going to make our lives a nightmare, show no respect for the law, well then the authorities have to pe pushed to take action and we must spend time and effort in this arena and not waste time with cyclyst clubs ect. [/quote']

With all due respect, I think you are being melodramatic and respect for the law is a two way street. There will have to be some form of compromise on all sides.

To not involve clubs is actually a waste of time, the clubs have been fairly proactive. Perhaps they need to be more so and more clubs should be involved.

All proposed?events must be met with strong resistance and petitions.?Who wants to ride in an area where you are unwelcome.

I will' date=' I enjoy the surroundings. Teak Place was an enjoyable ride today and I don't see why I should not ride in as beautiful an area as the Cradle because of the intolerant actions of stupid cylcists and irate residents. Neither of whom can see the wood for the trees, as it were.

If you read the full thread you would realize that nowhere did any resident propose or plan blockades. This was from Marks side and we are still waiting for his sources. Read the thread.?Amazing how things get twisted.

I wish you had read his full post and responded to everything else.

A very valid point about our attitudes as a whole was made, therin lies a lesson for all of us perhaps?

Have to agree on the source of this 'blockade info' doubt it was made lightly or pulled from thin air.

There has been a fair amount of twisting from your end as well with the barbed comments made.

As to the ak47 part' date=' maybe come spend some time here and you will see how wrong you are. and i mean really way off. Again its easy to move the spotlight. [/quote']

See, I'm not sure how to read that, it comes across as a veiled threat. I'd hope I'm wrong?

The only way to sort this out' date=' is that Metro and the local police must become involved. This topic must come up at every cpf meeting. [/quote']

Absolutely, a number riders have been inconsiderate and trangressions jumped on. What really disgusts me is the rider who crapped on a residents driveway.

So too must this be applied to any motorist intentionally threatening the lives of cyclists and other motorists. Residents or not.

Extend this is to vandalism of the signage as well.

The general view on this forum is that Cyclysts can beahave like they want with out any recourse and demand this and that and the local community must just accept it. Well lets see.

No, that is your interpretation and that is not the case at all.

And again, that last sentence is very ambiguous.

Well based on the response to my question it seems Metro are not all that active. See herein lies the problem.

People break the law and this applies to both cyclists and residents because there is no accountability. As much as people hate to admit it they need to be policed and they need to be reminded that there are rules which apply to all. Without an effective police force - well there is no control and this is a prime example of the results of ineffective policing.

Without being cynical the cradle needs to get a resident with some clout. Maybe a foreign ambassador or a high level politician to take up residence. They need someone who is more than a mere tax paying resident of the country. Suddenly things will start to happen. Farm murders will decline, cyclists will keep left and residents will stop "buzzing". Police cars will emerge from the depths and the darkest alleys to patrol the streets of the cradle enforcing the law.

Bottom line is my friends, neither you or I are important enough to have the state enforce the law for us, therefore we believe we need to take this task upon ourselves. Blame for this situation should not be passed onto the cyclist or the resident but rather onto a weak, unorganized government who only look out for their own!!

My solution to your problems is to rather band together and as cyclists and residents lobby government to improve policing in the area. The control of criminal and illegal activity is a task for which the state is responsible and we pay good tax money to them to complete this task. Maybe if you all get together on this one and pass the responsibility over to the people who are actually responsible for law and order you may achieve a better result.

Madness is defined as bashing your head against the wall numerous times and expecting a different result each time - try something new for a change!!

I  don't know why the cyclists are arguing with these facists.

Clearly these Cradle folk are avid supporters of a form of Apartheid. Fortunately that died legally in 1994 for all South African's so you don't have to put up with the behaviour of the residents in this Cradle area. Wanting to exclude people by discriminating against their form of transport is just plain illegal, worse still, unconstitutional.

I hope you guys fight these palooka's all the way. if they make it uncomfortable for you to ride there, then lay charges, film incidents, gather evidence folks

However, to the cycling clubs, I would consider reducing the size of your groups on group rides. Twenty to thirty people is way to much and does create a problem if the riders do not co-operate to allow other road users past.

Down here in the Cape we have a few clubs that seem to create regular problems on the narrow roads around the peninsula from westlake all the way to Camps Bay.

folks, we all need to live together and use the same roads. Sharing, patience, tolerance goes a long way toward harmony. Litigeous actions and rule mongering serves nothing but to keep lawyers in the money. Perhaps its the lawyers in the Cradle who want to keep things boiling so that they can benefit. Dont play their game folks, don't play their game

The reference was to mr ples' date=' and the reference to the greeting to nothingness by mr pless which can only be taken as sarcastic.Enjoy your evening homonid

[/quote']

Hell no! I was going to explain the process of evolution to you and point you in the right direction, but alas on second thoughts you have also been eating off 'The Tree for Dorks' Please don't attend the coming meeting along with No.One.Knows

Enjoy the long walk. Agter Os (haemorrhoid)

The reference was to mr ples' date=' and the reference to the greeting to nothingness by mr pless which can only be taken as sarcastic.Enjoy your evening homonid

[/quote']

Hell no! I was going to explain the process of evolution to you and point you in the right direction, but alas on second thoughts you have also been eating off 'The Tree for Dorks' Please don't attend the coming meeting along with No.One.Knows

Enjoy the long walk. Agter Os (haemorrhoid)

Not a very bright response from someone who owns a 10 million rand property.