cradle route

chucky

The wisest' date=' most long standing resident on the African continent will now speak!

No cyclists enter the Cradle Area, until RESPECT AND DECENCY (this is applicable to all folk) returns to this process, until points tabled from the previous Teak meeting are actioned, and until the surface for the cycle lane is sorted.

In this way I am sure we will all be on the same page, and put pressure in the right places (at governments door), no need for 'talk shops', no need to send nerd emails to and fro, no need to waste the law enforcement agency's time, have a happy local community, and cyclist will not be in any danger.

This will not be too painful, as many opinions expressed in this forum, don't like the area and it's residents, residents are prepared to take the financial set back, farmers just want to farm, police can chase murderers, and whilst we all lay-off for a while, the wise men will meet and build bridges to the benefit of all.

Once the bridges have been repaired and built (including the cycle lane), and the middle road is found (cyclist keep left please) we all get together, celebrate and open the Cradle Route officially.

Alternative Route: Cyclists should use the Northern farm facility.

In the Interim, The law enforcement agencies patrol the Cradle area to stop all mis conduct of all road users.

"I have a dream, that every Cradle Resident becomes a Cyclist, and that every tourist and Cradle Resident become friends!"

Ples has spoken![/quote']

Better solution would be for no motorised transport to be allowed in the area.  That should entirely remove the problem.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Ples.

Go and read up on your traffic laws. Cyclists are traffic too, and entitled to use the road,  even cycle in the middle of the road (not very clever, but correct according to the law), and traffic approaching from behind must yield and only pass WHEN IT SAFE TO DO SO. Just like cars are not allowed to ride two abreast, so it is with cyclists, unless in the process of passing one another, and once the act of passing is over, vehicle (car or cyclist) must move back into the correct traveling lane.

This is not verbatim, but the gist is there, and correct.

Your latest post is quite confrontational, "No cyclists enter the Cradle Area, until RESPECT AND DECENCY (this is applicable to all folk) returns to this process, until points tabled from the previous Teak meeting are actioned, and until the surface for the cycle lane is sorted."
What / who gives you the right to prohibit any road user from using a road that is part of the National road network.

I

Another reason to avoid riding on the tar, will rather stick to the bush and the mountain's, ensuring I keep my body parts intact. Maybe one day SA drivers will realise that paying tax doesn't mean you now own the road. That being said I feel our roads are not adequately equipped to deal with the myriad of cyclists who seem to be everywhere leading up to the Argus.

Hopefully with Mr Pluss, (sorry not sure if the L should be there) or is it Mr Ples, handling the Marketing for the area in such a positive way, there will be no residents left staying in the Cradle area any longer. Then us CYCLISTS, will have the roads to ourselves anyway.

The wisest' date=' most long standing resident on the African continent will now speak!
No cyclists enter the Cradle Area, until RESPECT AND DECENCY (this is applicable to all folk) returns to this process, until points tabled from the previous Teak meeting are actioned, and until the surface for the cycle lane is sorted.

In this way I am sure we will all be on the same page, and put pressure in the right places (at governments door), no need for 'talk shops', no need to send nerd emails to and fro, no need to waste the law enforcement agency's time, have a happy local community, and cyclist will not be in any danger.

This will not be too painful, as many opinions expressed in this forum, don't like the area and it's residents, residents are prepared to take the financial set back, farmers just want to farm, police can chase murderers, and whilst we all lay-off for a while, the wise men will meet and build bridges to the benefit of all.

Once the bridges have been repaired and built (including the cycle lane), and the middle road is found (cyclist keep left please) we all get together, celebrate and open the Cradle Route officially.

Alternative Route: Cyclists should use the Northern farm facility.
In the Interim, The law enforcement agencies patrol the Cradle area to stop all mis conduct of all road users.

"I have a dream, that every Cradle Resident becomes a Cyclist, and that every tourist and Cradle Resident become friends!"

WHOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! OPEN TIME FOR BIKERS!!!!!!!! cyclists, beware, the may be an influx of boneys - great for the tourism and any farmer with livestock!

With all this talk of blockades, barricades, gun shots, reckless driving, reckless riding, cattle prods, mass action, burning tyres, necklacing bla bla yadda yadda.... As a cyclist of colour I want to be sure I am safe from angry cradle residents, crazed bakkie driving farmers, road hogging marauding mobs of cyclists and the odd fascist loving racist looking to exploit the chaos, I have decided to go ride in the cradle in full riot gear tomorrow... LOL

20100115_130944_IMG_9632.JPG

Guest Agteros

With all this talk of blockades' date=' barricades, gun shots, reckless driving, reckless riding, cattle prods, mass action, burning tyres, necklacing bla bla yadda yadda.... As a cyclist of colour I want to be sure I am safe from angry cradle residents, crazed bakkie driving farmers, road hogging marauding mobs of cyclists and the odd fascist loving racist looking to exploit the chaos, I have decided to go ride in the cradle in full riot gear tomorrow... LOL

20100115_130944_IMG_9632.JPG

[/quote']

smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

Just take your knopkierie with Pantani!!!

Pantani, when did you get a bike, and what??? when are you joining me on a brekkies run????? i'm really keen to head out to thabazimbi again sometime, via the cradle route of course Evil%20Smile

Guest Agteros

<snip>

Ja baas, goed baas, Censored jou baas.smiley36.gif

I think the situation is bad enough without bringing traditional weapons into the equation.... LOL

oiy! pantani, answer my question - you gonna join for a cradle run? we'll skip thabazimbi this time, just do a lekker chilled out cruise...

Guest Agteros

I think the situation is bad enough without bringing traditional weapons into the equation.... LOL

But that 'boer' is using one... His Isuzu LOL

Hahahaa, OK, then I'm coming in a Toyota Hiace Super 18... LOL

In the Interim' date=' The law enforcement agencies patrol the Cradle area to stop all mis conduct of all road users.[/quote']

and just what are you saying - they'll only stop what YOU don't like and (maybe take bribes to???) let cradle residents who attempt to commit murder go their merry way??? they didn't stop mr x's misconduct.

Guest Agteros

Hahahaa' date=' OK, then I'm coming in a Toyota Hiace Super 18... LOL

[/quote']

Remember to load a bunch of vuvuzela wielding soccer fans LOL