cradle route

chucky

In the Interim' date=' The law enforcement agencies patrol the Cradle area to stop all mis conduct of all road users.[/quote']

?

and just what are you saying - they'll only stop what YOU don't like and (maybe take bribes to???) let cradle residents who attempt to commit murder go their merry way??? they didn't stop mr x's misconduct.

?

Note I used the word 'all' twice: In the Interim, The law enforcement agencies patrol the Cradle area to stop all mis conduct of all road users. Regards Trevor

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen CHOP' date=' I don`t give a sh*t what words we can and can`t use. Your mate Dave is a coward who hides behind a 1 ton bakkies steering wheel. Foot Patrol, horse patrols blah blah blah blah, so that means this wanker now has the right to commit a crime himself. You and him both need to get a life. Maybe when he does mame or injure a cyclist one day, he will get found guilty and sent to jail. Maybe then when he is being reemed BY BUBBA?he might regret his actions.

?

GET A LIFE BRU.
[/quote']

It is now Confirmed:

You are from the 'Homo' erectus lineage, however you were banished out of the bachelor troop for eating off the 'Tree of Dorks' and over endulging on marula fruit. Mr Ples HAS SPOKEN.

mr ples2010-01-16 09:49:15

Apologies for jumping on the bandwagon so late, but I only saw this thread now.

I break the law more often on my own two feet than on my bike or in my car.  Yes!  Shock!  Horror!  I jay-walk!  And not only infrequently, but at least twice a day!

According to some of the reasoning on this thread, if someone in a car or on a bike spots me jay-walking - they can mow me down because I'm breaking the law!  Wink

Mr Ples,

I used to be a bachelor, your Mom and sister never complained!! I don`t believe in negotiating with idiots like you. I will say it AGAIN, YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES ARE COWARDS, COWARDS, COWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send Mom and Sis my Love.

Insults, I haven`t even started yet. This oak sits on This Forum justifying what happened to Mark, Bruce and Andrew the other morning. He then back peddles by making out that he is a concerned community member who cares about everybody who uses the Cradle area. Now we must sit around a table and come up with a solution, blah, blah, blah. I am tired of all these long stories. We as cyclists don`t do any harm to them, so why don`t they stay in bed for an extra half an hour and we will be gone by the time they get up?

I have to agree with Flowta.

At the beginning of this thread, chucky specifically asked that no-one throw personal insults around.

Stay focussed on the issue and try to come up with solutions.

Mr Ples' date='

I used to be a bachelor, your Mom and sister never complained!! I don`t believe in negotiating with idiots like you. I will say it AGAIN, YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES ARE COWARDS, COWARDS, COWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send Mom and Sis my Love.

?
[/quote']

Homo Erectus, I consulted with the female specie, they still laughing, and you right they never complained and never felt threatened, they were quick to add that you were not interested in them, as you had different preferences, however they did mention that you should consider wearing a small leave, as you may in time suffer some sort of hang-up due to embrassment. Now enough heard from you 'Sunny Boy' - Go away - next!. Ples has spoken.

I suggest the Mods close this thread down as nothing constructive is being contributed by either party.

This is why we need an active mod here... this thread needs to come to an end and a member or two rebuked. Guys give it up now.

BLAH, BLAH BLAH, here we go again, let`s debate let`s talk to them let`s respect them, let`s have constructive meetings with them just like they do when they try kill us with there cars. There is no meeting or discussion that can excuse what they do.

We are gonna be riding on THOSE ROADS that`s where the story ends.

My motto in life: NEVER ARGUE WITH A FOOL. HE WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO HIS LEVEL AND THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

Give it a rest Bell Boy, it is now becoming tedious.

I am a resident of the cradle and do not cycle but you may be interested in my perspective.

We purchased in the area for the peace and quite and because we own horses which we keep on the property.

When the initial proposal was made to tar the Kromdraai road and include a cycling lane we were most supportive of the proposal thinking that it would be used for families and tourism.   Cyclists should have complimented the values which we moved to area for.

Regretably this has not been the case.  The roads over weekends are taken over by "professional" cyclists training for races.  The cyclists do not remain in the cycling lane and often ride as many as 4 and 5 abreast.  The origin of this topic is specifically as a result of the cyclist not abiding by the rule of the road and the compainent has admitted as such on this forum.  How then can he complain?

Cyclists remember that you are entering our area,  it may be a pubic road but an argument can be made that your use of the road for training for races does not constitute a legal use of the road and there are many members of the community who are now so up in arms that an attempt could well be made to ban cyclists from the area which doesnt serve anyones interests.

Our impression of cyclists is that you are a bunch of hooligans and this is reinforced by the bad driving habits dispayed by drivers with bikes hooked on their tow bar or on the roof.

In general residents will be welcoming of anyone using our area responsibly.  Work with us, behave responsibly and you will find a completely different attitude.

Cyclists our own worst enemy. We are macho indestructable no brain idiots who think we own the road. We are so good at PR that we piss people of where ever we go.

Fellow cyclists really keep it up please. In so doing we will end up riding our trainers indoors because we will have nowhere to ride.

Do not stay in the area but have cycled there a few time a while ago. Some of the best roads to ride on.

the cyclist not abiding by the rule of the road and the compainent has admitted as such on this forum.  How then can he complain?

Because a) two wrongs don't make a right and b) The driver also broke the 'rules of the road' - delberately' date=' with, potentially, fatal consequences.

Remember the motor vehicle driver also admitted (perhaps via other residents posting on here) that he proke the law (overtaking on a blind crest)

an argument can be made that your use of the road for training for races does not constitute a legal use of the road

No it can't a 'road legal' vehicle is a 'road legal' vehicle - a car driver using the road for a 'Sunday drive' to admire the beauty - could that be construed as an illegal use of 'your' road? Same thing I'm afraid.

ban cyclists from the area

Absolutely impossible, and unconstitutional.

you are a bunch of hooligans

Don't judge all of us by a few - in the same way as cyclist should not judge all 'motor' drivers by the actions of the few

(the problem is that the residents apear to support the motor vehicle drivers actions in this incident - I, for one, do not support any cyclists behaving illegally)

[/quote']
levett2010-01-16 11:42:57

I am a resident of the cradle and do not cycle but you may be interested in my perspective.

We purchased in the area for the peace and quite and because we own horses which we keep on the property.

When the initial proposal was made to tar the Kromdraai road and include a cycling lane we were most supportive of the proposal thinking that it would be used for families and tourism.   Cyclists should have complimented the values which we moved to area for.

Regretably this has not been the case.  The roads over weekends are taken over by "professional" cyclists training for races.  The cyclists do not remain in the cycling lane and often ride as many as 4 and 5 abreast.  The origin of this topic is specifically as a result of the cyclist not abiding by the rule of the road and the compainent has admitted as such on this forum.  How then can he complain?

Cyclists remember that you are entering our area' date='  it may be a pubic road but an argument can be made that your use of the road for training for races does not constitute a legal use of the road and there are many members of the community who are now so up in arms that an attempt could well be made to ban cyclists from the area which doesnt serve anyones interests.

Our impression of cyclists is that you are a bunch of hooligans and this is reinforced by the bad driving habits dispayed by drivers with bikes hooked on their tow bar or on the roof.

In general residents will be welcoming of anyone using our area responsibly.  Work with us, behave responsibly and you will find a completely different attitude.
[/quote']

we are trying to police ourselves.  As you can see, even on this forum, many members are trying to get through to cyclists the need to behave properly.

But understand this, what cyclists are doing are minor traffic violations, misdemenours.  In response to these things, you people seem to feel it is perfectly acceptable to endanger our lives through reckless and negligent driving - in effect intent to do grevious harm.  Not once, have any of you people condemned the action of driving dangerously close to cyclists.  A far more serious traffic offence that any cyclist has performed - but that goes unnoticed.

In the Cradle area, you will find a lot of school children riding their yellow shova kalula bicycles to school and back.  These kids have not got a clue about road rules.  They regularly ride in the wrong direction, without helmets.  I personally have tried to explain the rules to some of them, to help them.

tell me, are you guys going to drive them off the road, and threaten them as well, because they are also breaking the law.   Or are you just going to let it slide because it actually doesn't have much impact on you?

You guys have got a vendetta against cyclists and have started behaving like vigilante's.  Cyclists lives are being threatened, and now you act surprised that you get a backlash!

Think about it.