MTN Mountain Bike Seeding

KevinT

Guest Agteros

Youngsters are sometimes rightly not allowed entry into the long event.

Most weekend warriors cannot go much further than 35km

Cycling, just like running in this country are distance obsessed.

You tell people you run, and everybody wants to know whether you are doing the Comrades / Two Oceans... Same with cycling, they hear you have a bicycle and they want to know whether you will do the 94.7 / Cape Argus. There is much more to sport than endurance and ultra endurance events, although these have their place as well.

Yes, for professional sportsmen, as well as ex/semi-pros shorter distances might not 'proof' anything, but do not discard these outright just because they are short.

The thing is, you should not need to proof yourself, irrespective of distance or discipline. If you brag about any accomplishment (irrespective of distance) you have a screw loose somewhere according to me.

Enjoy your personal accomplishments for the sake of enjoying it, not to impress arbitrary strangers.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm the only reason I do a distance race like Desert Dash or To Hell and Back is to prove to myself that I can do it !! WTH would I wanna cycle through a desert for 24 hours anyway , I promise you there is nothing to see but sand and scorpions . Short races I reserve to have fun . And just incase somebody want to ask , anything under 60km is a short race .

Guest Agteros
Erm the only reason I do a distance race like Desert Dash or To Hell and Back is to prove to myself that I can do it !! WTH would I wanna cycle through a desert for 24 hours anyway ' date=' I promise you there is nothing to see but sand and scorpions . Short races I reserve to have fun . And just incase somebody want to ask , anything under 60km is a short race .[/quote']

Sand and scorpions... sounds like excellent reason to get the Hell out of thereLOL

Better than mud on a 24 hour race... just now you have to go through the exact same spot AGAIN and again and again and ... OuchLOL

Erm the only reason I do a distance race like Desert Dash or To Hell and Back is to prove to myself that I can do it !! WTH would I wanna cycle through a desert for 24 hours anyway ' date=' I promise you there is nothing to see but sand and scorpions . Short races I reserve to have fun . And just incase somebody want to ask , anything under 60km is a short race .[/quote']

Sand and scorpions... sounds like excellent reason to get the Hell out of thereLOL

?

Better than mud on a 24 hour race... just now you have to go through the exact same spot AGAIN and again and again and ... OuchLOL

Bennies bend, bennies bend, bennies bend, bennie.................. smiley36.gif

Guest Agteros

this seeding any good?

what would it mean to me in a race

only done one race according to the results

NameRace Index
29.18View Race Results

Naah not good at all. It is worse than your roadie seeding smiley2.gif smiley36.gif

Also means you did an A category short race when I did the 8km family fun ride for the dayClap

Guest Agteros

Bennies bend, bennies bend, bennies bend, bennie.................. smiley36.gif

I plead guilty to scarring some trees on that bend ShockedConfusedOuch LOL

this seeding any good?

NameRace Index
29.18View Race Results

Naah not good at all. It is worse than your roadie seeding smiley2.gif smiley36.gif

no surprises there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Agteros

this seeding any good?

NameRace Index
29.18View Race Results

Hmmm only just hey! smiley36.gif

No racesWeighted IndexPositionGender PosCategoryCat Pos
425.5974275/1561723970/127509Vets 40-44672/24911

this seeding any good?

NameRace Index
29.18View Race Results

Hmmm only just hey! smiley36.gif

425.5974275/1561723970/127509Vets 40-44672/24911

Shucks my seeding has improved quite a bit lately. When did they update the index?

must be the lowest its been - ever.... 25.5. Some races needed to get that to below 20 asap. Any suggestions of easy races coming up in the near future?

Guest Agteros

tsk you went and edited the quote closing brackets out so my comment is based on you making it look like you say it worse than MY road seeding... smiley36.gif Clown

Shucks Trubie with a LITTLE bit of training you can a very respectable road AND MTB seedings...

Nothing untowards happened to yours... Still VERY good!

1113.7861106/1561721070/127509Vets 40-44166/24911

Guest Agteros

I hear the Sabie MTB race is going to be easy. Just one uphill and the organisers sent the rain down to the Sani2C smiley36.gif smiley2.gif

IAt sabie...if you ride the 45km do you get better seeding points if say you come 20th then coming say 50th in a the 75km race?