MTN Mountain Bike Seeding

KevinT

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Agteros
Let that lurking roadie out cat-ismiley2.gif' date=' race for a better seeding and soon enough you'll be racing for the sake of racing.
[/quote']

lol yeah right, agteros - roadie riding is just too hard, i don't think i'll ever really like it.

Is good cardio endurance training for those >50km MTB races... The other option is >15km runs smiley4.gif

you missed the point.

i'd rather ride with friends, or pick rides that i really enjoy, than having to run 15 kays or ride 50+ events just so that i can get a better seeding - i don't ride for the good seeding, i ride because i enjoy it, and if a ride doesn't appeal, for whatever reason, i won't do it.

i've done sabie preride last year and will not do the main ride again - the preride was just SO much more enjoyable. open, free, uncongested singetrack, no-one walking up hills on the best lines, no-one walking in front of you on juicy bits or downhills ....

i know i'm in the minority here, so i'll step off the soap box and leave this thread to the people who'd like to compare their seedings :)

I wouldn't have known there is something like a MTB seeding if you oke's didn't bring it up!

Honestly, I don't care. sh*t, I don't even know what it means...

I WISH IT IS SATURDAY ALREADY!!!

Guest Agteros

For most of us the only difference it will make is that the organisers will tell you where to stand and when to start at some of the races, and yep cat-i is right, it will lead to a whole sub-race for bragging rights amongst those who are so inclined

This seeding will only be accurate in the future i think. Many riders are unknown to us and seeded above well known riders. Its confusing to say the least.

Where can one get the seeding for Saturday's race to see in what group you start?

What do you thinkl of the ROAG seedign system.

It has been going for a year and seems to me to be really good ... it is also so simple ... based on a percentage of winners time with a correction factor according to how strong the field is (ie if Burry races your seeding will be better than if the race is won by somebody with a low seeding --  or something like that ... it was explained to me and seems to be logical and works really well for MTB .... I think it has eased the congestion at single tracks hugely.

I also thougth Sani 2 C was going to use Roag seeding ... they did last year and it seemed to work quite well ... why have they changed systems to a new seeding system that seems to eb a bit fo a joke?

My Seeding is 67,With the Sabie Classic i'm in batch D. This is the last bach to go. Thought I'd at least bee in C batch or so.Disapprove

So I came 7th in the race and only got a 54.01 seeding....WTF

Did you honestly think that coming 7th. in the fun ride would get you a higher seeding ?

I am glad I am not the only one was 15th at Magoebas and got  60.

What formula are thy using to calculate the seeding?

Hahahaa Dangle....

30km isnt fun...

I did the 60km this year and came 16th does that count for more???

Alot of people race the shorter distances so it is something to brag about...

Winning a kiddies race on the other hand....

I still want to enter the 94.7 kiddies race on my tricycle and win lol

Hahahaa Dangle....

30km isnt fun...

?

?

?

I still want to enter the 94.7 kiddies race on my tricycle and win?lol

?

I remember a certain person mentioning how he was up there in the front with Mannie for like....what? 5min while doing the 20km race at Emperors......while starting in the wrong bunch. Does that count for bragging? Because if it does you fit the profile of a "bragger" to a T.

Hahahaa Dangle....

30km isnt fun...

?

?

?

I still want to enter the 94.7 kiddies race on my tricycle and win?lol

?

I remember a certain person mentioning how he was up there in the front with Mannie for like....what? 5min while doing the 20km race at Emperors......while starting in the wrong bunch. Does that count for bragging? Because if it does you fit the profile of a "bragger" to a T.

smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

A tjerrie wiff a sense of humor smiley4.gif