Mongoose Tyax Super - thoughts?

wesley_r

I believe it is an "OEM" fork. It's only maunfactured for complete bikes market. It's not availible as an aftermarket fork. It's not even in the catalouge or on the website.

I have a 2005 Mongoose Tyax Comp and absolutely no problems yet. I have really put this bike through its paces.

My 2c, if the bike feels right, just take it and ride it.  Nothing will improve your riding more than a bike that fits you and your riding style, that just feels right. You WILL ride better :)

My old bike was a 21'', way too big and was very difficult for me to move around, needless to say my medium bike feels perfect and flickable. 

well, the Mongoose arrived today at my LBS, going down tomorrow to compare it back to back to the Giant.

judging by my height (1.83m) and what just about every sales guy has told me, I should be a Large.

If you coulld stretch your budget to R8 - R10K, you'd be able to get a far better bike component wise. Look at the Schwinn Moab range - ali stanchioned RS forks and XT mix components - They are being discounted in CT at the moment.

Nothing wrong with Suntour, but there's no comparison weight or performance with a Fox. You are getting a steel stanchioned coil sprung fork without rebound control and limited pre load adjustment.

Ghost Face - do you carry different springs for the Suntour XCM V2 HLO  - my G/friend has one and the spring rate is too stiff for her weight?

Picked up my Tyax Super today smiley20.gif

Took it for a ride late Saturday afternoon at magic forest (or majik forest or whatever smiley17.gif )

Really enjoying this bike - it's a far cry from what I've been riding and makes the experience MUCH more enjoyable! both climbing and coming down the trails are miles better. Bought at Gecko Cycles for a good deal - great advice and service from Bradley!

Thanks for all the advice guys

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo314/th3_w3s/DSC00717.jpg

2 1/2 hours in Jonkershoek yesterday. Enjoyed every minute of it, the bike performed well - very happy smiley32.gif

2 1/2 hours in Jonkershoek yesterday. Enjoyed every minute of it' date=' the bike performed well - very happy smiley32.gif [/quote']

Awesome!!

Your bike looks super cool, bro..!Big%20smile

2 1/2 hours in Jonkershoek yesterday. Enjoyed every minute of it' date=' the bike performed well - very happy smiley32.gif [/quote']Awesome!!Your bike looks super cool, bro..!Big%20smile

ag fanks man smiley9.gif

2 1/2 hours in Jonkershoek yesterday. Enjoyed every minute of it' date=' the bike performed well - very happy smiley32.gif [/quote']Awesome!!Your bike looks super cool, bro..!Big%20smile

ag fanks man smiley9.gif

It does look cool man! Just have to loose that reflector! Tongue

ag fanks man smiley9.gif

?

I'm waiting for the trail to take care of it, like it did one of the reflectors on my pedals smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

ag fanks man smiley9.gif

I'm waiting for the trail to take care of it, like it did one of the reflectors on my pedals smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha LOLLOLLOL Another reason I'm glad to be a roadie! I don't go out expecting my ride to break my bike for me LOLLOLLOL

too true smiley3.gif

however, I am used to riding with that expectation... here is my OTHER ride smiley32.gif

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo314/th3_w3s/DSC00540.jpg

Unfortunately I can't really justify the money to bling both, so the 'goose will have to stay relatively stock for the time being smiley18.gif