1000 ways to piss me off on Argus day!

BBJSportGuy

I do not really care for 1000 crabs in any bodies bottom. You just "HOLD YOUR LINE" when I come past, else we will still be hanging on each other's throats when we are wheeled into hospital! smiley36.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

White socks, black socks? The way I see it, I will wear one of each, that way I can't be too far off. smiley5.gif Maybe, 1 black, 1 blue, or .... aag, just any socks, it's Ape Town, you can barefoot, nobody will notice! smiley36.gif Schwynn2010-03-10 11:43:57

Hey' date=' did you hear how bad the wind was last year? Tongue[/quote']

Yip, I just landed, got blown all the way out to sea.. smiley1.gif

helmets with peaks?

camelbacks?

other things that can give mountainbikers away?

and mismatched socks...

really??? hahahaha for you, greay-owl, i'll wear a mismatched pair!

helmets with peaks?

camelbacks?

other things that can give mountainbikers away?

Roughly scarred hairy legs.

Shoes you can actually walk in.

Bunny-hopping the potholes instead of riding around them.

Roughly scarred hairy legs.

mine's badly scarred.

but not hairy :)

Bunny-hopping the potholes instead of riding around them.

ooops sorrrrrry!!! it was instinct, i'm really trying !!!

is it thursday yet?????

LOL but did you SEE that wind :)luckily i've never been fast enough to not enjoy the view at misty cliffs. even with last years bad weather' date=' and trying to not crash the tandem, that views were still amazing ... that, and the climb up chappies - wow!

[/quote']

You are lucky. At that stage I was clinging to my bike, white knuckled, piering oog, trying to stay upright and breath, all at the same time. I don't multi task well! smiley36.gif

at least the tandem was heavy so it couldn't just blow away for nothing.

avoiding all the other flying objects was a bit more tricky.

Ummm' date=' your maths is a little out! Wink

Luckily I don't think it is possible to push in at the front at the Argus like normal races.

One thing that irritates me riders who take unnecesary risks. I have seen it in the races in February. Some riders overlap wheels so far that their handlebars are almost touch the legs of the two riders on either side.
[/quote']

O yes they do, you'll see on Sunday.

Karma can be a bitch though. Couple years back, just as we approached the start line (next bunch off), this plonker with his gazillion dollar bike, team kit, etc climbs over the fence from the left hand side (after basically throwing his bike over the fence, some poor sod had to catch it to prevent it landing ontop of him) We all moaned and yelled at himAngryAngry, but he just ignored us like a Stop street, and made himself at home right in front in the first row. As the countdown started, his rearwheel let go with a big BANG,LOLBig%20smile and we all started roaring with laughter, and him sheepisly standing there. See,  Karma can be a bitch.Wink

That may be an exception. In all the years I have done the Argus I have never seen that. And I try get as near to the front as possible.

The Argus seems to go to great lengths to ensure that you can only really enter the pens from the back and as such limits those incidences.

Wish other races could so something similar. I get to the races early and get a spot near the front. Then a whole lot of monkeys think that they can just push in at the front when the bunch moves forward. If they want to be in the front they should get there early.

Guest Agteros
But.....
mismatched socks...
and mismatched gloves I quite like... makes a bit of an 'anti' statement. Reminds people to just relax...

Throwing your GU packet over your shoulder like Mr. yellow number U12104 with the blue Cannondale CAAD4 in our bunch decided to do on the Blue Route and when asked whether he threw his trash on the ground at home as well telling me "it doesn't matter they pick it up afterwards anyway"

Spoilt my mood and cemented the fact that I should rather just stay the hell off the tar. If anyone knows him please say Hi and while you're at it to take his litter and shove it!!! 

There, this has been bothering me since Sunday morning but I feel much better now.  
XTC12010-03-16 13:31:21

People shouting YOU CAN DO IT...... while I am busy doing itAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

LOL and while they're not doing it?

i quite liked a phrase that was playing top-volume just before chappies a few years ago ... 'i really don't think you're strong enough' ... it played in my head the whole way up chappies ... and i kept interrupting the tune with 'i'll show you i am' ... it played again in my head up chappies this year

what happened to the 'suiker-bossie ek wil jou he' up suikerbossie this year? i'm sure there wasn't a year where i haven't heard this up that hill?