1000 ways to piss me off on Argus day!

BBJSportGuy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Riders who wear ProTour team kit to match their bikes...I know your not Alejandro Valverde!!!

Oh...and people who turn at right angles to get the water being handed out at water points...

And black socks, socks halfway up your calf, socks over your shoes (even though its 4million degrees) and mismatched socks...

Ok, I'm done...

Guys swerving their bikes after the pretty lady come out of the saddle to fly up the hill. Please keep it steady I also want to see.Big%20smile

1.People who take photos from the Action Photo Photographers with no number.

2. Photgraphers who don't capture your number.

Makes finding your pics hell.

And black socks

but black socks are the sniz these days. Even La wears it. BTW, I NEVER wear white socks on any bicycle. Why buy two pairs when 1 pair works on both?

12: Riding too fast that I miss the Powerade girls.

13: Being told at the end of the ride that there was a topless woman flashing.

14: Not spending enough time with that little cutey around the 50km mark.

there's no way I'm doing a sub3 if there are going to be topless powerade girls doing sum kinky stuff at the 50km mark

36.) And ... cyclists who have a great need to chat while waiting to start (I am not a morning person, sorry - wait 45min and then i can be all nice).

37.) Those disgusting porta toilets.

38.) My body when it does not listen to my brain's instructions, especially while going uphill.

39.) At 84km when my bike makes a strange noise and you think to yourself: " i should replaced my ####..."

You guys should take up golf.

There is nothing better than feeling the strong south easter blowing in my face and the next moment i get a snot rocket sprayed over me. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm salty.......

43. My bike breaking

44. Someone breaking my bike

45. Talks of the year that it was so hot that.........

and of course

46. Lance getting in my way

Ummm' date=' your maths is a little out! Wink

Luckily I don't think it is possible to push in at the front at the Argus like normal races.

One thing that irritates me riders who take unnecesary risks. I have seen it in the races in February. Some riders overlap wheels so far that their handlebars are almost touch the legs of the two riders on either side.
[/quote']

O yes they do, you'll see on Sunday.

Karma can be a bitch though. Couple years back, just as we approached the start line (next bunch off), this plonker with his gazillion dollar bike, team kit, etc climbs over the fence from the left hand side (after basically throwing his bike over the fence, some poor sod had to catch it to prevent it landing ontop of him) We all moaned and yelled at himAngryAngry, but he just ignored us like a Stop street, and made himself at home right in front in the first row. As the countdown started, his rearwheel let go with a big BANG,LOLBig%20smile and we all started roaring with laughter, and him sheepisly standing there. See,  Karma can be a bitch.Wink

12 people riding abreast, chatting away, while I'm trying to improve my position from 23568 to 23472.

The guy with the iPod riding on the extreme right, in granny gear, all the way up Chappies.

People who think "Passing Right" means that's the direction they should swing/sway/swerve.

And anyone who passes me.

LOL but did you SEE that wind :)luckily i've never been fast enough to not enjoy the view at misty cliffs. even with last years bad weather' date=' and trying to not crash the tandem, that views were still amazing ... that, and the climb up chappies - wow!

[/quote']

You are lucky. At that stage I was clinging to my bike, white knuckled, piering oog, trying to stay upright and breath, all at the same time. I don't multi task well! smiley36.gif