Part of our problem....

driewiel

What sort of activity in other forums and letters to newspapers etc about the 2 clowns that killed those kids while drag racing yesterday?

?

I can help noticing how much more attention that is getting (on TV) than then 3 Oudshoorn cyclists.

I noticed the exact same thing!

The drag racing I heard about on the news, the oudshoorn accident I read about on the hub smiley5.gif

What sort of activity in other forums and letters to newspapers etc about the 2 clowns that killed those kids while drag racing yesterday?

I can help noticing how much more attention that is getting (on TV) than then 3 Oudshoorn cyclists.

I noticed the exact same thing!

The drag racing I heard about on the news' date=' the oudshoorn accident I read about on the hub smiley5.gif

[/quote']

I think its getting more attention as one of the idiots behind the wheel is a supposed hip hop star, if it had been Joe Soap it would probably be old news by now.

as a motorist and a cyclist, i'm shocked at some of the comments.. yes i know cyclist are not angels on the road, but for that matter niether are motorists.

at a commuter in jhb for 7 years, i've had my fair share of been pushed off the road, been hit by cars, almost been into the back of taxi's i dont know how many times, cuase of them overtaking me to stop.

we are forced to live with the fact that one day we most like will be hit if we travel on the roads. and my thoughts go out to the families of the 3 that where hit the other day

some of the comments say we have no right to be o the road in the first place.... well where else you supposed to ride?

we are protected by law we have an entitlement to the road as long as we obey the rules. thoses rules are there to protect us and everybody else using the roads..

but the best advise is not to react out against road rage savages. but rather to think for them, cause if they hit us, they have a steel frame to protect them, we only have flesh, and a polystryne helmet.

let us rather fight this fight the right way, and obey the rules, be polite make sure that when you on the road they have nothing to moan about.

and lets try to change the mind set of both cyclist and motorist that we are right where we belong and can live together in peace on the road.

mentioned it on super cycling.  also mentioned to wear the black arm bands.

Anyone who conciously agrees with the idea of hurting another human being has many steps left on the spiritual evolutionary process.

Anyone who rides a bike yet still desires to to ride a car over somebody else on a bike has many steps left to grow and discover campassion and patience.

Anyone who publicaly declares an intent to cause Grivious bodily harm - albeit to teach another a lesson - should be noted and recorded.

Send Mampara good thoughts.  Help Mampara to not want to hurt people.

Encourage Mampara to not let anger dictate action.

What I appreciate most about the group I ride with is that most of the guys are very polite to motorists, at intersections some motorists would give way to us although the guys at the front already stopped, they seem to understand it to be difficult for such a large group to stop, we always make the effort to wave friendly at them to say thanks, and its so nice to see their faces. We often wave at large carriers that pass by with caution when we stop at intersection and is usually followed with a friendly honk from the driver.

The single file riding is something we don't do though, but in our defense most of the roads have two or more lanes and traffic is a minimal at that time of the morning. On stretches of road where its real narrow we would fall in behind one another. But we rarely have trouble with traffic as a group.

It really isn't difficult to be considerate! ?

So much anger and hate! Poor old Piet or John cycles for fun and feels alive while cycling down the street, not knowing there's a huge bull's eye painted on his back and he has done nothing wrong.

One writes: cyclists ride in herds (troppe). Like we're animals.

Most writers are from Pretoria. Why do they complain? Almost all the roads they mention have a yellow/emergency line. I'd be very careful if I stayed out North.  Perhaps wear a Blue Bull shirt whilst cycling and they blow you kisses at the traffic light?

But seriously, Beeld should never have let the letters go that far and closed the topic much sooner. 

Ek's geskok oor hulle taalgebruik. LOL Skryf vir 'n Afrikaanse koerant en hulle kry nie eens laerskool spelling reg nie. Shame man ...

Same as with the Hub (sometimes), it's mos maklik (soos die Internet) to sit behind a keyboard and type BS.

I'd also can like to ride over stupid cyclists but don't think I would' date=' might just give them a scare!:-P  [/quote']

I will never EVER buy any of your products, nor associate with people like you !

Personally I will also ride over a cyclist if he/she rodes like a idiot. As a cyclist and commuter I know how to cycle in traffic expect other cyclist to know this aswell.

Big words... I dont think you will.

The same goes for the other guy. No one will do it on purpose. But some pretend to do it and then the joke goes wrong and the cyclist get run over.

Come on' date=' have the balls to either stand by what you said or apologise for making a fknut comment!

But don't try and talk around it! Your original statement is as clear as day.

To state that you'd run a person down because they "ride like an idiot" is in itself an idiotic thing. 

By the token....Would you run a runner, pedestrian, motorcyclist or scooter down as well? Or ram another car?

Talk about an underdeveloped mentality!
[/quote']

+1

Lekker groot bek, Julius Mampara style.