Lance vs Burry Stander and Kevin Evans..

Larry King

Guest colonel

Suprised he didnt tweet about someone shouting "Doper" at him as he rode passed the Giro TT Start.

LOLLOL

You didnt...!!

smiley9.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least a roadie won the Giro

Ex-Roadie smiley4.gif, but I guess his history and pedigree still firmly qualify him as a Roadie, so you guys can still lay claim to him ... for now smiley36.gif

The roadies trying to claim MR GEORGE is like someone from BMX claiming BURRY.HE moved on a long time ago now and MTB is where his form comes from. So FIRST KEVIN now David. BROWN and LANGE are very good local roadies with the other 3 internationals. Though it shows us how good our local MRTbikers are to stay with the roadies and even beat them at their own game now and then. I always rated Burry and he has proven it but I think KEVIN must really start to also get the admiration.As a Marathon rider he is soooo good and he has shown he can t/t better than all of them.If he keeps his form He just might surprise a few this year at the worlds/marathon.

OH yes and well done to RH for winning multiple stages last week.GO SA.

Guest colonel

Dude, David never ever stopped riding road since he started mtbing, he started to mtb cause he couldnt get onto a road team in SA or International but he still raced on the road.

Road or MTBers it makes no difference in my eys as long as SA are producing a good few talents on the bikes, to me that is the most important thing.

If the MTBer are laying claim to MTBers being more hardcore some clever roadie who knew alittle would say that MTB is for pussies cause David could keep up with Sauser on his 1st try at Epic when he teamed up with him after Rupert dropped out and David said he had no mtb skills atall he had to walk some single track.

Silly argument.

A SA'can won. Thats great enough - and its a pro / ex pro.

We can all just be glad the racing is up there - that no international team can come and dominate it, or no young / junior newbie can come and win stages etc.

So who cares who won. There are only a few guys out there just riding there bikes for a living - and they are the one's that should win - otherwise there is a problem.

Most guys are either students cycling, or working guys fitting the racing to their lifestyle.

Only a handfull do it full-time - year round - ... pro's. MTB or road - if your pro you ride the bike and get the mileage in

What everyone forgets is that George taught Evans to train like a roadie to be a better mtbiker, which obviously worked. Burry is just an awesome athelete. And for Lance he has nothing to prove, taking a nice training ride and hurting the rest of the bunch while doing it, he wont go for the sprint, but dont be suprised to see him on the front for a long time abd cracking the wip on Suikerbossie, if you followed his training this week, you can see how he staked out the route.

So for all our weekend warriors suffereing in the wind tomorrow, remember last year you did it with Jason Bourne, this year its Lance, cant wait to see who is doing it next year

This is the most fun on a bun since sin became taxible. I looooove the fact that so many people ride and race bikes, and that so many not so fit people, through all the exposure that LA and the argus creates, might also decide to tune in, clip in, and drop someone.

Oldschool,If george taught him everything then why is he not giving him carrots in the mtb events.The Epic would be ideal in a way for a pro roadie as his legs are totally tuned into multi day stages so no surprise there. I do agree with the COLONEL that as long as it is SA it is great.RH,KE,BS,DG,DI whoever it may be. A birdie whispered in my ear that (wait for it)CHUCK NORRIS is coming next year!!!.

CHuck Norris does not believe in the PERIODIC table.HE only believes in the ELEMENT of SURPRISE!!   smiley36.gif

Guest colonel

Jayz: When DG rode on MTN Kevin came and stayed with him for a long period and David did his training and diet. His weight dropped huge-I think it was down to 6% body fat if I remember correct and his PPO went up aswell.

It was no secret that David helped him to eat and train correctly and just cause he doesnt beat him doesnt means sh*t in the bigger scheme of things.

Guest colonel

JAYZ: Here is some proof for you I found:

"The influence of David George?s arrival on the MTN Energade mountain bike team for 2008 has already become evident, just by looking at the physical appearance of Kevin Evans, George?s Absa Cape Epic partner.

Probably South Africa?s current top stage racer, George, the 2006 Commonwealth Games road race silver medallist, has begun to impart his knowledge and experience on his teammate, the reigning South African marathon mountain bike champion, as they prepare for a top finish at the 2008 Cape Epic.

Evans has dropped more than three kilograms and more than six percent body fat compared to the same time last year, mainly as a result of George?s stage-race training strategy and a disciplined nutrition plan"

Link: http://www.cultcycling.co.za/CyclingNews/Interestingbutold/BardytheActionScribeGeorgeEvans/tabid/8908/Default.aspx

So once again your post holds no water.

..So for all our weekend warriors suffereing in the wind tomorrow' date=' remember last year you did it with Jason Bourne, this year its Lance, cant wait to see who is doing it next year
[/quote']

CHUCK NORRISStar

Lange took it in the sprint. Burry 4th. LA 9th.The argument about "tired" GIRO legs doesn't hold water. Burry did SANI2C, finished on saturday. Started GIRO on Monday finished 4th today. This is what these guys do for a living. and he's gonna shine in EPIC as well. 

Guest colonel

Pieter: Giro Started on Tuesday and it does hold water cause I did Sani and Giro, finished 6min down today and Im moeg PROPER!!!

But I do agree he is going to kick ass at Epic and Im glad.

Guest Agteros
At least a cyclist roadie won the Giro

It would have been a sad day for SA cycling if a runner won the Giro!