Lance vs Burry Stander and Kevin Evans..

Larry King

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine Lance won and walked off with R16000? Maybe then this race would start re looking it prizemoney. 10 minutes ago via UberTwitter

I hope to get an answer about this joke for prizemoney!! Pro cyclists are robbed again, administrators take the cash again!! 14 minutes ago via UberTwitter

If you win the comrades you will be a millionaire! And you don't have a team to split it with!! Daylight robbery!! 18 minutes ago via UberTwitter

So take R16000, less 10% for management and then split that by 8 riders(team), and I made R1800 for winning the Argus!! 19 minutes ago via UberTwitter

What a joke 40000 riders and sponsorship for this race and guess what I won R16000, something does not balance??? looking it prizemoney.

I do not think it is cool that the Giro guys and Lance and Impey race against each other....

Don't you think to make it fair they should have the Giro group go and then the rest of the racers.....

Then we can have a Giro winner of the last stage and a Argus winner.

The Argus Winner will be decided on time?

It can not be fair to have the Giro guys with 600+ KM in their legs race against FRESH legs??

For the top guys today they pretty much had fresh legs and in any case, no cyclist in the world is going to ride away from the Giro pack after 2 days rest and at the level they ride at.

Race was fair and having Lance there added more to the bunch than not having him there.

P.S. We had a Giro winner on Friday already. The Argus is not part of the Giro. Last stage was the hill climb.

Lance would never had tried to win the Argus, it was all about gettinng Impey a home win and hence why Lance went with 1km to go in hope Impey could pull a sprint out. He unfortunately went too soon.

Firstly, All said our guys road or mtb are hitting some good form, hope Burry and Kevin hit form when it matters, in RSA things work a bit different, poor Kevin needs to hit form every weekend, where abroad the riders work towards a peak. Like Lance he would barely win a Race untill it gets to the Tdf (back in the day that is).

Secondly we are looking at an exciting Epic, hope the Burry, George and Kevin can stay on form

Thirdly, that R16k for Malcolm's (he still got it) is sad, I think the Cycling bodies can start to treat our riders better and start paying the big names, they ride on the names of all the good riders for TV coverage,  but pay them nothing (Shame on you PPA), Lance scored a hansom R500 for his 10th place, are they sending him the Cheque.

Lastly tried to watch the pathetic coverage from Sabc 2 which I recorded, they could have left it. Did they show the Giro during the week? Because that 2 minutes they showed, was sad. I can do a better job with my cell phone camera overall.

we need real road racing in sa for our pro's thats stands alone from funrides.

for that we need sponsors and no politics. we'll get it right within the next 2 years

i think its lame to moan about prize money.....really lame. if its too little to race for - then don't race.......its a funride for charity afterall.......go race in europe for Euro's if you want more money....many I'm tired and grumpy.

i think its lame to moan about prize money.....really lame. if its too little to race for - then don't race.......its a funride for charity afterall.......go race in europe for Euro's if you want more money....many I'm tired and grumpy.

I agree, bitching about money is not cool. Start a thread for everyone to complain about their salaries and it will never end!

Still, even though this is just a 1 day stage race, it still is the biggest in the world. R16k for the winner is also not cool.

16 K is definetly a bit swak, scary part is it is probably more than a lot of other road or mtb races (this is speculation from my side having never experienced prize money at that level Embarrassed)

Not sure who posted the tweet comparing the prize money at Argus to that of the comrades, well did they get that wrong... comrades and Argus winners not quite the right comparison to make.