Lance vs Burry Stander and Kevin Evans..

Larry King

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Lance goes for it! He's riding solo, well pretty much... No one really knows how big a gap there is between our riders and guys like LA. However, being a one day stage race, do you think there'll be that much of a gap?

I'm just thinking that he's good at being great (if that makes sense) over 3500kms through the Pyrenees, Alps, etc etc etc, with a super team and bruyneel behind him the whole time. Will you really see his class in a one day stage race? I just don't know... So many questions, so little time!

Can't wait for sunday!!!!!! GO LANCE!!

Nope - having op on ITB injury. Tried training couple of weeks ago, injury recurred and decided to rather do the op.

this could end in tears as i'm sure every hero out there wants to beat LA for the bragging rights - it like this "STAND BACK!!! - I BEAT LA IN 2010 AT THE CAPE ARGUS - stick that in your fusebox" smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

***!! I really hope LA does not try to win, imagine the flack he will pick up from all the Suurtiete!!!!! for winning a funride.

Guest colonel
Starting in the A group' date=' wish I could have got to ride in the invitation group... Hope Daryl wins [/quote']

That was random.....

Guest colonel
. He could solo the ride under 2 H 20.  

Whatever!!!

If RH was here he'd kick Lance's @$$ again like he did last week' date=' any one of our SA Pro Sprinters will make mince meat out of Lance. Lance should have done the Giro, he's a good tactician and could have possibly won it, maybe?? [/quote']

Jy praat sense ja.

But Im also thinking what swissfan and someone else way back said.

If Lance wins it I think there will be to much bad publicity about it, and it will be like, he goes out on the last day of a stage race or the day after, whatever, and races a bunch of tired guys and takes the shine. I somehow also dont think he is that much of an Idiot. He has made way to much money out of his foundation to be that stupidWink

Dis poletiek! we never get what we want

If i were him i would rather have that than headlines saying that i got beaten by a bunch of tired mountain bikers.

I dont recon Lance could win the argus.

He could have however taken the Giro.

That is more of his kind of racing.

Long distance, multi day, big climbs. He would have so eaten the guys up.

We have far better sprinters than him in the argus.

If the finish was at the top of suikerbossie or something, then I would say he had a better chance, but unless he gets very lucky with the sprint somehow he definitly wont take it.

There is one strategy though that I have been thinking of.

If he and a couple of "workers" can break away going up chappies, he and Darrel is obviously much better down the hills after racing overseas.

So by the bottom of the hill and going up suiker, they could have a couple of seconds gap.

Going up suiker they could open up a few more, but then to keep the peloton from catching you in the last 10km will be very hard.

He would obviously love to win it and him having fresh legs on sunday will help, but anyway. I dont think he will make it.

Guest colonel

Hey Colonel what was it like and where did u finish on the TT?

For me it was hard but I did alot better than I thought, the worst I finished was 8min off the leaders on day 2 and the rest I was like 5 and 6min each day. I dont know where I came today I havent seen the results yet but I rode 15min flat and passed a few guys on the way. So personally overall I did well and I beat some good names along the way overall in GC so now I wait for overall results.