Lance vs Burry Stander and Kevin Evans..

Larry King

. He could solo the ride under 2 H 20.  

Whatever!!!

This race isn't nearly hard, nor long enough for Lance to shine.... its a 100 km sprinters race, and if he is racing in the pro bunch (and not doing the celeb/group thing), he will then just finish snug as a bug a the bunch!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?

Hey Colonel what was it like and where did u finish on the TT?

?

?

?

For me it was hard but I did alot better than I thought' date=' the worst I finished was 8min off the leaders on day?2 and the?rest I was like 5 and 6min each day. I dont know where I came today I havent seen the results yet but I rode 15min flat and passed a few guys on the way. So personally overall I did well and I beat some good names along the way overall in GC so now I wait for overall results.
[/quote']

Hey well done Colonel!

Flip, I have been watching the results and you have done flipping well!

Now I am too scared to try and race subvets........ smiley18.gif

Guest colonel
I dont recon Lance could win the argus.

He could have however taken the Giro.
That is more of his kind of racing.
Long distance' date=' multi day, big climbs. He would have so eaten the guys up.

We have far better sprinters than him in the argus.

If the finish was at the top of suikerbossie or something, then I would say he had a better chance, but unless he gets very lucky with the sprint somehow he definitly wont take it.

There is one strategy though that I have been thinking of.
If he and a couple of "workers" can break away going up chappies, he and Darrel is obviously much better down the hills after racing overseas.
So by the bottom of the hill and going up suiker, they could have a couple of seconds gap.
Going up suiker they could open up a few more, but then to keep the peloton from catching you in the last 10km will be very hard.

He would obviously love to win it and him having fresh legs on sunday will help, but anyway. I dont think he will make it.

[/quote']

Over the Argus route our top riders in SA will stick with any Pro Tour team in the world. SA riders are very fast over that course and distance.

Also there are many SA sprinters that will take Lance to the cleaners after after 108km Argus race.

Guest colonel

Suprised he didnt tweet about someone shouting "Doper" at him as he rode passed the Giro TT Start.

I think you're right Colonel, if SA riders lack anything it must be regular long races as is the norm in Europe. The Giro has shown me that guys who really do well in our weekend races don't necessarily perform well in a stage race sufferfest, and no doubt the opposite can be true for guys like Lance, especially at 37 or whatever he is now.

Suprised he didnt tweet about someone shouting "Doper" at him as he rode passed the Giro TT Start.

LOLLOL

You didnt...!!

Do you think Lance remembers DG for the old US Postal days? Will they have a chat about old times?

Do you think Lance remembers DG for the old US Postal days? Will they have a chat about old times?

Now there is a good question, come on you Kaapies how about getting some skinnar pics of DG and LA glaring at each other?

Lance,  going up to DG,

Lance: "hey man howzit going?"

DG    :  "Do I know you?"

Good times huh, Excitement in the air Every one is a Cycle expert at Argus time. If you live in capetown, you cycle and didnt do the Cycletour youre a noboddyLOL at least to the uneducated masses.

There was a Hub meltdown thread a while ago. I think its allive and Kicking.

My prediction for Sunday: But dont post it on Monday if I was wrong. Hard race, Lance really thinning the bunch to between 10 and 15 max, sprint finish between a small group. Podium...Rabie, Impey, Burry

Latrinus expects a long break of close to 100 km, he's got Lance and Rabie